Civ4lerts

I like this one a lot. :goodjob:

Seconded.

While you're working with the worst enemy alerts, remember this?

2. (better yet) A specific alert when #1 happens between two civs that you are trading with. (I would only be alerted to Gandhi becoming the worst enemy of Saladin if I was trading with them both).
That's a good idea and entirely doable.

I've rethought this a little. Why not just make the alerts different somehow when someone you're trading with becomes the worst enemy of someone else? Or perhaps it's easier to distinquish the worst enemy changes that don't affect you directly (i.e. when a civ you're not trading with becomes someone's worst enemy).

As far as making the two "different," how about shade of color (similar to dark red for declarations of war against you vs. lighter red for war being declared between two other civs).

Is it possible to use a different color for the WE alerts? Right now they're the same as the city growth color?

I've rethought this a little.

Me too.

As far as making the two "different," how about shade of color (similar to dark red for declarations of war against you vs. lighter red for war being declared between two other civs).

Heh, I had no idea those used different colors. :(

Is it possible to use a different color for the WE alerts? Right now they're the same as the city growth color?

Yes. Care to suggest a color? With all of the alerts we've added we'll likely need to pick a duplicate.

Yes. Care to suggest a color? With all of the alerts we've added we'll likely need to pick a duplicate.

Is there a way to see the choices? At this point I'd say anything other than the brown. The worst enemy changes and city growth both just happen way too often.

Other than looking in the CIV4ColorInfos.xml file, no. :( But if you like any particular player color, those are all doable too.

Somehow I think the brown works for the city growth, just personal taste. How about these two colors (see yellow arrows in the attached screenshot) for the worst enemy alerts? You have shade possibilities in case you choose to distinguish WE alerts in the future as well.

I still think it would be very helpful to have one shade for WE changes, and another when either the player or a trade partner of the player becomes someone's worst enemy. Nice and simple.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom