Civ5 Hotkey Mod

Pusillanimous

Chieftain
Hi, I just published my first mod on Steam Workshop this week & I wanted to share it here! Let me know what you think, any feedback will be appreciated :)

The Civ5 Hotkey Mod collects Civ's hotkeys to make customizing them easier. It includes a couple different layouts - they can be swapped or used as a starting place for your own customizations. In addition to the game’s default hotkeys layout, there’s a ’Hotkeys Simplified’ layout (installed by default) and another for the Steam controller (plus a community binding that goes with it). Both new layouts merge a bunch of hotkeys where they don’t overlap (worker improvements, regular & air unit attacks, etc.) and add some new hotkeys (promotions, great person abilities). The HS layout rearranges the hotkeys around WASD.

The mod only updates/overrides the game’s files - nothing new is added. It organizes the .xml data in one place using ‘<Update></Update>’ commands and labels them with comments. I realize there are probably more elegant ways to go about this (I’m not a programmer) and calling it a ‘mod’ might be a strong term - especially on this site with so many great modders. I know at least one similar mod that doesn't overwrite the game’s files - Sukritact's Hotkey Manager - but I hadn’t found one that collects the hotkeys together in the same way.

There are two versions: a single-player local version activated in the mod menu & a DLC Version without the mod menu for single- and multi-player. I made a Google Doc page with the full description, install instructions & downloads. Heres the link for the Steam Workshop page (local version only).

I hope some of you enjoy it and find it useful!

This mod modifies InGame.lua, same file that EUI modifies as well. So it will be conflicting, right? Please make a compatibility patch, since EUI is an essential mod.

Top Bottom