Civ6 Freeze After Ending Turn

Actic_Civ

Chieftain
What the actual heck is wrong with my damn PC? Civ6 used to run very well with some unbearable lag but nowadays, it just freezes. Why? I'm tired of having to type Civ6 freeze during AI turn only to get the same results that don't show solutions and irrelevant posts like crashing. What am I supposed to do?
Here's what happens (Note that I would start showcasing irrelevant issues that probably have nothing to do with my major issue, that's all just for additional detail):
1. Open game. Often the game doesn't open and when I try to reopen, an error comes saying it's currently running. This issue can be dealt with easily by me using task manager and ending task on the 2K launchers. Used to be very annoying until I found the solution.
2. The game starts, not in full screen though. I have to wait until the game finishes loading to the main menu. It's still in a borderless windowed form, how do I full screen it? I don't go to the options as it's already fullscreen, I use lightshot to make it fullscreen.
3. Finally the game is there. It's quite laggy but not bad lag. I load my game from autosaves (Though I feel that loading from your normal save is better) and just wait.
4. I see "continue game". I feel excited so I click the blue button. My game is quite laggy but can run quite well with some FPS drops. If I enable strategic view, the game runs very well and fast. I click next turn and all that comes is choose production and unit need order. I do all of that. And then it this me, the game freezes. I can't do crap, all I see is some image that will turn black and I only hear music. I have to shutdown the game, why? Well I'm in fullscreen and I can't leave the game. I can press the windows button, in this case there are buttons on the taskbar that would send me to Civ6. The worst case is with task manager, I type in task manager and I press it on the task bar but it won't ever send me to task manager. Anytime I click task manager, it just sends me back to the game. It's as if I clicked on the game itself. The only thing I can do is hover over task manager and see what's happening with my PC.
Strange thing is this didn't happen to me once at all! Only recently did it happen, but why? Why recently?
I could send the details and video if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the image
Anything wrong?
CHOKROVKA.png

Top Bottom