Civ6 Modding Assistant

Civ6 Modding Assistant v1.63

Hemmelfort updated Civ6 Modding Assistant with a new update entry:

Update for Modding Assistant 1.5

1. Fix the error of exporting pictures in non-ASCII path;
2. Fix display exception caused by dds scaling problem;
3. Fix the export error of the Mod.Art.xml file in some cases;
4. (Main Update) Civilization Builder, which creates xml files by filling out forms, currently including civilizations, leaders, units, improvements, civilization configurations, and modinfo files;
5. Some small useful features for integrated notepad;
6. No nvdxt.exe file anymore.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really useful Tool! :)

How do I make an unique improvement with this?
A unique improvement includes an ImprovementType and a TraitType. In this tool, TraitType is defined automatically when a Civilization or Leader is created. But you have to write it yourself if you ONLY create an improvement:
HTML:
    <Types>
        <Row Type="TRAIT_IMP_DEMO" Kind="KIND_TRAIT"/>
    </Types>

<Traits>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_IMP_DEMO" Name="LOC_TRAIT_IMP_DEMO_NAME" Description="LOC_TRAIT_IMP_DEMO_DESCRIPTION"/>
    </Traits>

<!-- If it is a leader trait -->
    <LeaderTraits>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_DEMO" TraitType="TRAIT_IMP_DEMO"/>
    </LeaderTraits>

<!-- Or a civilization trait -->
    <CivilizationTraits>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_DEMO" TraitType="TRAIT_IMP_DEMO"/>
    </CivilizationTraits>

Then you can create an improvement with this tool. And fill the TraitType with TRAIT_IMP_DEMO.

Hello there, your work looks awesome.
Could I use this tool to help me build a new Resource?
I'm fairly new at modding (some experience with Crusader Kings II) and absolutely new at modding CIV VI.

Hello there, your work looks awesome.
Could I use this tool to help me build a new Resource?
I'm fairly new at modding (some experience with Crusader Kings II) and absolutely new at modding CIV VI.
Sorry, but this tool may not be suitable for beginners. There is a good tutorial you can get started: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-6-modding-tools-basics.634429/
To build a resource, you have to:
  1. Define it in xml. (In ModBuddy)
  2. Define and import icons. (In ModBuddy)
  3. Make a model for it. (In AssetEditor)

Sorry, but this tool may not be suitable for beginners. There is a good tutorial you can get started: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-6-modding-tools-basics.634429/
To build a resource, you have to:
  1. Define it in xml. (In ModBuddy)
  2. Define and import icons. (In ModBuddy)
  3. Make a model for it. (In AssetEditor)

Ah, thanks a lot. I was unsure whether map resources needed 3D models or not... I assume, from your answer, that they do. :). Nevertheless, I was thinking of beginning with something simple, a painted horse (a zebra, indeed).

In any case, I'll take a look in depth at the thread you have suggested.

Thanks!

Last edited:
After almost a month of reading, working and experimenting, I have begun to understand your utility, Hemmelford and to appreciate the hard work it must have been. Thanks a lot, it is being very useful.

After almost a month of reading, working and experimenting, I have begun to understand your utility.
Good job. According to my experience, an easy way to practice modeling is to make an improvement within Improvements.artdef which can be created in AssetEditor.

Attachments

• imp.png
    imp.png
    17 KB · Views: 319
Will this have the ability to change names of rivers, mountains, and other terrain features soon?

Will this have the ability to change names of rivers, mountains, and other terrain features soon?
Nope. This tool won't modify the game or database. It only helps to make mods.

Last edited:
So, I really like this assistant, it really helps deal with the nitty-gritty stuff, but! I'd just like to know, will there ever be some sort of tutorial post/video about how to exactly use this utility? I have no idea how I'm supposed to exactly use it, other than making tons of code that I do not know where to put...

I'm really new to modding so I don't know if I missed something or I'm just doing something dumb but every time I try to open the Modding Assistant I get an error saying "Failed to execute script main", was I supposed to extract the executable somewhere specific or anything like that?

Top Bottom