Civicinfos file all distorted?

jefmart1

Prince
I was trying to look at the civics in the XML, but the file is all jumbled together and not formatted at all. Is everyones like this?

Well i always get error messages saying 'XML errror events, civics etc were all wrong.

I just close the boxes and play, doesn't seem to hurt the game at all.

Yeah, mine is like that too. I'd reformat it, but not sure if that would affect how it works. Since we do tweak it a little at times, it would be nice for it to be properly formatted like the rest of them.

I might have had Wrap text option on when I have saved that file last time - I use wrapping when editing extra long text elements for pedias.

Will it affect the game to put in line returns where appropriate? It's a mess to read! Or just turn on wrap when I read/edit the file?

Will it affect the game to put in line returns where appropriate? It's a mess to read! Or just turn on wrap when I read/edit the file?
I've fixed it so you won't have hard time reading it after 2.6 release :) However if you want to read it now, install Notepad++ which is the program I use to modify those files (it's much better than regular notepad!).

Top Bottom