Civilization VI or Civilization V with Vox Populi EUI

Civilization VI or Civilization V with Vox Populi EUI

• Civilization V with Vox Populi EUI

Votes: 63 96.9%
  • Civilization VI Vanilla

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
It seemed more repetitive and tedious than the ones I listed in my post. Kind of like "Pool of Radiance" "Temple of Apshai," and "Akalebeth" were (though, admittedly, not as bad "Akalabeth" - but it too is a good example of repetitive and tedious).
You won my respect. You know of temple of apshai.

You won my respect. You know of temple of apshai.
Well, I'm not a spring chicken. I had a friend in school who I envied his Apple IIe - when it was current. I just had a crappy cassette-data based Texas Instruments PoS (back when TI made home computers) at the time, myself.

Endless Space 2 UI is teaching all of them how to do it.

ES2 tends to have a bad habit of having lots of intricate combat mechanics that is displayed no where in the game. Heck on the forums people still debate what is correct to this day.

ES2 tends to have a bad habit of having lots of intricate combat mechanics that is displayed no where in the game. Heck on the forums people still debate what is correct to this day.

Combat mechanics are usually not displayed anywhere in any game, as part of the UI, afaik... the values of different weapons, systems and defenses are all there.

Combat mechanics are usually not displayed anywhere in any game, as part of the UI, afaik... the values of different weapons, systems and defenses are all there.

But they are very opaque as far as what they will actually do.

For example, take Civ 5. When I hover over, I get a very good understanding of the damage I am going to do, and what damage I will take. I can see my combat numbers, and the modifiers that affect it. Now it doesn't show the formula comparing those numbers, but it still gives me a good sense.

In ES2, the numbers are very abstracted. Its hard to tell how much more damage X gun does against Y Shields in Z lane

But they are very opaque as far as what they will actually do.

For example, take Civ 5. When I hover over, I get a very good understanding of the damage I am going to do, and what damage I will take. I can see my combat numbers, and the modifiers that affect it. Now it doesn't show the formula comparing those numbers, but it still gives me a good sense.

In ES2, the numbers are very abstracted. Its hard to tell how much more damage X gun does against Y Shields in Z lane

Those are not mechanics, they are modifiers. Plus, in a TBS you have control over the attack, so they better show you the data... in ES2, the battle is simulated, you don't have control, once the engagement is launched, you are only a "spectator", so showing modifiers would be redundant...

Top Bottom