• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

What if you sell the Police Station and build it again over and over?

That's a bit unorthodox, but I suppose that could be a bit of a problem. The obvious solution: MORE LUA, to give only one STF per Police Station per city, because I wouldn't be the poor guy who has to code all that for my abomination of a design.

Actually, it sounds rather simple to do, at least to me.
1) Check and see if a city has a police station.
2) If it does, add an invisible dummy building. (IMPORTANT: Do not include a clause for it to be removed along with the police station.)
Then in the dummy building XML set it to give a free STF.

Try that out.

(You underestimate the power of dummy buildings. ;))

I honestly think there's a nice, easy way to settle this. The Peacekeeper is defined through the UA, and possibly under a different name; I can't find many examples of external peacekeeping on South Africa'a part, though it does have that capability. I'd support have in the Special Task Force as the UU, then the Safari Park as the UB; this makes it somewhat less unorthodox. However, some other diplomatic unit for the UU wouldn't go amiss.

I can't find many examples of external peacekeeping on South Africa'a part.

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) was created in 1994..... The SANDF is subdivided into four branches, the South African Army, the South African Air Force, the South African Navy, and the South African Military Health Service..... In recent years, the SANDF has become a major peacekeeping force in Africa, and has been involved in operations in Lesotho, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Burundi, amongst others. It has also served in multi-national UN peacekeeping forces.

- From Wiki

http://www.dod.mil.za/media/media2005/sep/media_statements5sep2005.htm

Also... Threat time! If no themes are found for any of the North American civs, we'll have to make one of them have these as peace and war themes:

Peace:

Link to video.

War:

Link to video.

Hmm...there's still all that native American instrumental stuff that we found on YouTube awhile ago...

The bulk of it wasn't very fitting in terms of the actual base game. I mean I can appreciate the sing screaming, but I'm not sure everyone else will.

I don't want to be that guy, but can you let us in on why you get to play Blackfoot and we don't? Also, when can we expect to see these civs, and why are they being delayed (if they are)?

You can find the playtest file in Post #1989

Blackfoot are pretty much ready to release. We just need pedias. Anyone up for the job?

Pedias would need a section on:
The Blackfoot and Blackfoot Confederacy
Crowfoot
Counting Coup
Buffalo Pounds
The Buffalo
Nato-oh Siskoom

Edit: Also, as a warning: Do not confuse the Blackfoot Confederacy with the Blackfeet Indians. The Blackfeet are a subset of the Blackfoot but not the whole thing :)

As probably comes as no surprise to anyone, the Blackfoot have had their UA changed significantly. It's now very simple and fits in to their "We're the most aggressive and adaptive warriors on the prairies" theme. It's still Counting Coup, but what does it do?

We'll let you know when we announce the launch.

Vietnam Update imminent!

Spoiler :

• Adds the Trung Sisters as Great Generals and all subsequent Great Generals also are two ladies and an Elephant - so as to draw attention to Vietnam's history of Female Generals.
  • Also adds Ynaemp compatibility
Of course full credit goes to Neirai for the update and Civitar for the units.

"What's that, Patton? We can't hear you over our giant angry crushbeast. Oh look, now you are jam. Good elephant. Don't eat the hat, it's too crunchy, you won't like it."

Seriously, though, I approve of the Trung sisters being Vietnam's first GG.

Also, hows bout this for the Lantaka (not Lantanka):

UU: Lantaka (replaces Cannon)
Starts with Accuracy I and the unique promotion "Sultan's Dowry", which makes the unit count as a Great Work of Art when garrisoned. Additionally, the :c5production: Production cost to build it decreases by 5% for each policy adopted in Aesthetics. Lower :c5strength: Combat Strength than the Cannon it replaces (10 rather than 13).

This focuses on a different aspect of cannons in Malay history, i.e. that they were used almost like currency, something common to all worked bronze and iron in the region, and highly decorative - hence the bonus to production from the Aesthetics tree. I also lowered the melee strength as a balancing factor rather than the ranged strength simply because these things were quite small and quite fragile. Hopefully it's not too OP. =]

The main problem with the Lantaka is the actual graphics themselves. I love the idea of stationing to make Culture though.

Here is what I'm considering - switch the Lantaka name over to the Tanjaq Rigger and making the Lantaka a Galleas replacement.

For the other UU, I'm considering this:

Malaysian Silat. Comes with a trident because Malay badassery. Pikeman replacement that comes at Drama and Poetry - Most likely with benefits that reward stationing on Tile Improvements for culture.

D&P? Um... I think the opinion of Deity players facing your Malaysia would be "OH GOD WHY". Bear in mind that the AI on Deity gets bonus starting techs in addition to all the other stuff, including Pottery; the AI would therefore only need three techs to unlock its UU and stomp the player into something approaching cheap pate. Seriously, if you think Shaka's carpets of doom are bad...

Top Bottom