Colonies 4.2 Game #2

In this game last turn, Magdeburg was building Calvanist Evangelism, which was coming along quite nicely. This turn, Magdeburg suddenly produces a Pikeman, and all my shields have been wasted.

I would expect this possibly if I had lost a city, but I didn't. And I am at war with no-one.

So I loaded Yaro's CivDip and tried the repair function on this move's save, pointing it at the last move's save when prompted. I got the error message shown in the box below:

Attachments

• civdiperror.gif
    civdiperror.gif
    4 KB · Views: 224
Any ideas Yaro? The file names Steve used were very different the two times, but I get the error even when I rename them. This is quite crucial for Sweden's score, so I want to get this fixed before I move....

(Incidentally, something weird happened to me as Sweden last move too, when Farmers were disbanded for lack of support, despite the relevant city having lots of spare shields!)

John

I was tired last night when I played this.

If you want I can replay and we can try that.

I got a feeling it is so mething I screwed up like playing the wrong file somewhere.

Let me know what you think. If you concur Ill replay on the 28th sometime.

Umm, John, I corrected that bug yesterday, because Darius told me about it over Microsoft Messenger.

I'll send the new version to all the players in the tournament in some minutes :D

Originally posted by yaroslav
Umm, John, I corrected that bug yesterday, because Darius told me about it over Microsoft Messenger.

I'll send the new version to all the players in the tournament in some minutes :D

OK this maybe the explanation but John if you are still having issues, I think the best thing is for me to replay.

Seriously I was really tired when I played that save and it could have been me that played the wrong file or attached the wrong file.

Its up to you John, just let me know.

Jhon, CivDip worked fine with the files!

Either I sent you a wrong version or you weren't used it in the rigth way... Can you tell me how do you where using it?

Anyway, I'll publish CiVDip the next week with the updated manual :D

EDIT: I atteched the Steve file with the Sweden production fixed. Please play from that :D

Strange - when I opened the file, it said Calvanist Evangelism had already been built. Magedeburg is still building it, but when I try to change production, CE is no longer on the buildable menu. According to the in-game F7 key, it has been built by the Dutch (you, Javier) in Nymwegen.

Any advice before I give it all up? Maybe you cheat-built it there as part of your bug fix and forgot to remove it afterwards?

Thinking more about it, I suspect I know what I did wrong. I "fixed" the Spanish save file (albeit as the Swedes), not the savefile I created at the end of the Swedish turn. Shall I try again, properly?

OK, that was the error. So now I have used CivDip properly and it is fixed. Unfortunately, checking the previous save, I see that the Dutch were building Calvanist Evangelism last turn, and knowing I am ready to build it, you rush-built it on your last go, didn't you, Javier?

However, rush-building it seems to have cost you little or no money (it would have cost me 700+ and I start the game with it part-built), so how did you do that then?

D'oh! Checking back to Javier's last move, I see he built CE on his last turn - and I never noticed. Oh, well, I shall play on now.

This whole little charade could have been avoided if I had read his last turn report properly...Sorry peeps. My only defence is that you had all forgotten it too! ;)

Fighting between Natives and English forces near Boston.

John, I didn't modified the savegame in any way to de-bug CivDip. I only modified CivDip itself. And yes, I built the CE last turn ;)

I'll play today, probably in a few minutes :D

opppss!!!

We've a problem, guys. I've discovered another bug: CivDip not only fixed the Swedish produtcion (John), but all productions. This is the last bug, I promise :(

The thig is that I've now the perfect-working version, but sas has played from a savefile who has their production changed, because CivDip restored all productions, not only the Sweden (and that is why John saw me still building CE even when I finished it)

I've corrected that bug, and correctly restored all productions (from CivDip, not whithin Civ2 itself)

Can you replay from here, sas?

I ask you all to don't lost the faith in CivDip, and I want to remember that it's still a BETA version. I'm very sorry for the problems caused by this BETA :(

I'll email you the new, this bug-free CivDip in some hours, becuase I must leave now the computer (my father needs to use it)

Top Bottom