Commerce Discussion - After Currency... (590 B.C.)

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
You know what this is about. We're a grand total of one turns away from finishing Currency, after which we'll be in the Middle Ages. We can then research Literature, Republic, Monarchy, Monotheism, Feudalism, and Engineering.

We have 135g, and make +6gpt.

As discussed earlier, this is the current plan is thus: We research Monotheism at the minimum rate, making about +26gpt. We'll get the tech in about 50 turns, and in the meantime will use the gold stockpile to purchase Republic (or Monarchy, should we change our minds again).

If there are no objections, we'll plan on impleamenting the plan for the next TC. If there are objections, well, suggest something else and we'll poll it. :)

The only question I might have is whether Monotheism is the right tech. Also if we're committed to the minimum research mode, what would a single scientist gain us in additional gpt over the 10% setting?

I don't object to the general plan but I do object to the choice of tech. I prefer engineering. Why? It's less likely that the AI will choose to research that, so we'll have more trade opportunities. Also, the bottom-tier research path is better for a game with lots of warfare, which is what we're going to have for quite a while.

I agree with engineering.

I also think that Commerce's instructions should be loose enough to allow the DP to choose between 10% or a scientist at any point in time to maximize micromanagement opportunities and thus gpt.

I'm a little iffy on what the AI does or does not research, but I think Monotheism would be a good choice regardless. There was substantial support for a Cultural Victory in the first Term. Getting Monotheism is an important step in achieving that victory.

Hmm Monotheism or Engineering.

We are going for 100k, so we will want to build Cathedrals sometime. We don't yet have a single Temple built and will want to build Libraries first as well It's going to be quite a while before we need to build Cathedrals!

So research Engineering, we can then trade for Monotheism (or research it ourself) when we need it.

monotheism will be the tech the AI is least likely to reasearch on the MA's bottom tier. then we can trade for republic, and even engineering. :D

greekguy said:
monotheism will be the tech the AI is least likely to reasearch on the MA's bottom tier. then we can trade for republic, and even engineering. :D
Um... monotheism is on the upper tier. The AI always seems to go for it. We just need to hope that a scientific AI doesn't mess anything up.

RegentMan said:
Um... monotheism is on the upper tier. The AI always seems to go for it. We just need to hope that a scientific AI doesn't mess anything up.

i meant that monotheism is one of the first 3 techs you can research in the MA. also, i find the AI typically goes for fedualisum(sp) first.

Top Bottom