Community Patch - How To Install

Hi all,

I wanted to give this awesome looking mod a try but I can't seem to install it...
I tried re installing the whole game and deleting all files pertaining to it on my PC and re installing both on C:\Program Files(x86) or another hard drive (F:\Steam).
In either case, EUI works (though there are small issues such as the tooltip for a monument showing txt_key_eui_built_in_X_cities instead of "Built in 0 cities etc.")

My version is 1.03.279 and I'm playing in English
The only mods I am missing are Scrambled Continents and Scrambled Nations, I have all the others
I'm running out of ideas as to what to do so any help is appreciated

Thanks !

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the answer :)

I'm using the auto installer.
Should I try the manual one ? And if so do I just have to clear the MODS folder in \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ? Or is there another place to delete files from ?

Does anybody know the formula for calculating the unit supply cap? Specifically, I'm wondering if the game remembers (on reloaded saves) to count Citadels. Also, why does the unit supply cap go down after I capture a city and have it puppeted?

Hi,

Thanks for the answer :)

I'm using the auto installer.
Should I try the manual one ? And if so do I just have to clear the MODS folder in \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ? Or is there another place to delete files from ?
You haven't given any details on why you think the installation failed. What isn't working? Did you get an installation error? You should have six new folders installed in the Mods folder after installation. There is also a 'UI_bc1' folder that gets installed into the Civ 5 game folder: Steam - SteamApps - Common - Sid Meier's Civilization V - Assets - DLC. Steam should never be installed in 'Program Files(x86)' as it creates too many permission issues. It should be installed in a non-Windows created folder. The more details you give, the betters others are able to help you.

On my computer it is documents - my games - Civ 5 - mods
No, that location is the Civ 5 working folder/save folder/mod folder/user data folder. Six folders get installed into that location when doing a full installation of Vox Populi. The actual Civ 5 game folder is located under Steam: Steam - SteamApps - Common - Sid Meier's Civilization V. The Vox Populi installation installs a 'UI_bc1' folder to this location (Assets - DLC). If the automatic installer can't see the registry setting of their Steam Civ 5 folder then the UI_bc1 folder doesn't get installed (if EUI gets installed with Vox Populi).

So a full installation of Vox Populi will include six folders in: Documents - My Games - Sid Meier's Civilization 5 - Mods
One folder (UI_bc1) in: Steam - SteamApps - Common - Sid Meier's Civilization V - Assets - DLC (if EUI gets installed with Vox Populi)

Another problem is that players don't start the game properly once mods are installed. Civ 5 does it very differently than most games. You can't just start a normal game with mods installed in Civ 5. You have to do the following:

1. Launch Civ 5
  2. Select 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5 DirectX 10 or 11'
  3. Select 'MODS'
  4. Check all mods that you want activated (should have a green circle with check mark when activated)
  5. Select 'Next'
  6. Either start a new game or load an existing one

All of these steps have to be performed every time when using mods in Civ 5, including Vox Populi.

I'm not sure if something drastic changed with this mod in the last 9 months, but after coming back from a break I had issues updating to the latest versions. I didn't even realize, but after a few games and reading the forums I realized I was actually still playing the old (9 month old) version. I tried deleting all the files in my mods folder, and reinstalling. But that just gave me an error when starting a new game.

I ended up having to reinstall Civ 5, and the mod is working fine now. I figured I just went long enough between updates that the new installer didn't handle something in the transition.

I downloaded the pack of mods what seems like ages ago and had no problem with it. For some reason I since uninstalled the mod pack and today attempted to reinstall it with the new updated version. However, I have an issue. The mods appear to have downloaded perfectly, except that one is missing in the game. The (5) More Luxuries is in my MODS/ folder but when I load the game it is not there in my mods. I tried to run the game without it checked thinking maybe it was just a bug and there are no luxuries of any kind, new or original, only the food ones like wheat, deer, fish and bananas. I deleted the mods and reinstalled and have the exact same issue.

Install it manually, not from Steam. Clear game cache and moduserdata folder.

Install it manually, not from Steam. Clear game cache and moduserdata folder.
*Sorry I deleted the post the first time because I thought it might have fixed but it didn't.*

I installed the mod only through this website and not steam. I just now went ahead and cleared game cache and moduserdata folder. I then uninstalled, and then reinstalled the modpack. I opened civ 5 back up and the mod (More Luxuries) is still missing. Civ 5 then crashed. I restarted my laptop and the mod is still missing, then after a couple of minutes it crashed again.

Strange, aren't you subscribed to More Luxuries on Steam? What you are describing is typically happening when 2 mods in your MODs folder share the mod ID.

A bit of an overkill, but I think the safest way will be deleting everything in your Mods folder (back it up if you have some other mods you don't want to lose) and unsubscribing from all mods at Steam (you can favorite them, so that you can resubscribe later). Then run the autoinstaller again.

I just started to play and I think that apostolic tradition in founder beliefs very unbalanced, specially on long games and large maps. When my missioners spread religion (and they do it 3 times) each time my capital city get lots of food and golden age points. In Renessance, after I built Chichen Itza it"s almost all the time golden Age and my capital starts growing too fast, doubling the population of computer players

Hi everyone! Is this still being supported? I installed Vox Populi using the automated installer but most of the mods does not seem to work. I got the EUI -- which was really sweet! -- but other functionalities remains the same, e.g. City-State Diplomacy stayed the same, Civ diplomacy remains the same and not like Civ 4.

I believe I have all the necessary requirements (i.e. game version, DLCs, OS, playing in English). (Please see attached pictures.) My install folder is C:\Users\Ric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS.

Thank you in advance for any help!

View media item 4421
View media item 4420
View media item 4418
View media item 4419

I think you are accidentally clicking the "back" button after selecting all the mods. Am I right?

Many people make this mistake, Firaxis did not design the mods screen in the best way.

By the way, excellent report, you provided all the needed info even with screens.

I think you are accidentally clicking the "back" button after selecting all the mods. Am I right?

Many people make this mistake, Firaxis did not design the mods screen in the best way.

By the way, excellent report, you provided all the needed info even with screens.:goodjob:

By the way, excellent report, you provided all the needed info even with screens.

Thanks! I clicked Next and wait for some processes to finish. That screenshot is after I restarted the game (even Windows). I forgot to mention that I also confirmed that the UI_bc1 folder was installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC.

Found a solution!

1. Reinstalled Steam on its own folder in C:\ and outside Program Files, and then of course, Civ V. (Not really sure if this has an effect but I read above that Steam can sometimes run in some authorization issues when installed inside Program Files.)

2. Reinstalled Vox Populi using the 43-Civ option.

3. Installed MP Modpack (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-and-43-civ-version-repository.609278/)

It now works! I now have EUI, CSD, C4D, updated Tech Tree, etc.

Just a couple of issues:
1. Civ V crashes when I try to load my previous save files. I tested new save files and it works fine.
2. How do I update the CSD option of gifting gold? I tried editing Options.sql but it has no effect. Do I need to reinstall it?

Top Bottom