Concerning the Modding dudes (specifically BetterAI and BUGmod)

Isikien

WHOA
Now I have no idea who has this game at the moment that already has a complete set of CivIV. But I'm curious, are there any modders out there that did stellar work for CivIV that will move onto CiV once the SDK is released?

I can think of a couple off the top of my head. Rhyes, as well as the FfH guys (I thought I heard something about either one of them moving the mod to CiV) did some amazing 'alternate' gameplay. As for modding the original game, will the BUG mod dudes as well as the Better AI dudes jump ship from CivIV to CiV?

I can't speak for the rest of the BUG team at the moment, but I will be doing a few things to Civ5 for myself when the SDK comes out. If they work well, I will release them.

Scripts are Lua not Python for Civ 5 I thought...

SDK's out ladies. By all means I'd have a look. Although I have personally no idea how to mod stuff. Excuse me while I detonate my computer's soul in a vain attempt to augment CiV

Get your SDK's out for the boys lads!

Your SDK will bring all the boys to the yard for sure.

Or summfink

Now I have no idea who has this game at the moment that already has a complete set of CivIV. But I'm curious, are there any modders out there that did stellar work for CivIV that will move onto CiV once the SDK is released?

I can think of a couple off the top of my head. Rhyes, as well as the FfH guys (I thought I heard something about either one of them moving the mod to CiV) did some amazing 'alternate' gameplay. As for modding the original game, will the BUG mod dudes as well as the Better AI dudes jump ship from CivIV to CiV?

Definitely hope so. The BUG guys/girl do some amazing work. I finally got around to trying BAT recently and I'm never going back.

Never been a fan of the "Better"AI mod, however. Tried it a few times and IMO it breaks the game. It does improve the AI in some ways but it also leads to some really erratic AI behavior and it destroys the 'flavor' or 'personality' that we associate with the individual AI leaders.

Definitely hope so. The BUG guys/girl do some amazing work. I finally got around to trying BAT recently and I'm never going back.

Never been a fan of the "Better"AI mod, however. Tried it a few times and IMO it breaks the game. It does improve the AI in some ways but it also leads to some really erratic AI behavior and it destroys the 'flavor' or 'personality' that we associate with the individual AI leaders.

I personally liked it. Though it was by no means 'finished', what it did do was make the AI undertake other more specific strategies.

The last update or pending update I read about it was a rehaul of how AIs plan victories, rather than just having them stumble upon domination or just go for cultural. It was pretty ambitious sounding.

Get your SDK's out for the boys lads!

Your SDK will bring all the boys to the yard for sure.

Or summfink

why

*blush*

Try the new BAT (in my sig). I think you'll like it. :)

I won't be doing any modding for Civ5 until the issues are fixed and the source code is released, meaning the the game is at least stable, and in a state of semi-finish. That way, it's less likely to break any mods, and it will actually work properly when I do mod it. I've spoken to a couple of other modders, and they are taking a wait and see attitude as well.

Top Bottom