Configing XML for smaller AI navies

glider1

Deity
Hi there
Just finished a 158.2 game on pangaea+/large/king/epic/infoaddict. It was a very enjoyable game thanks to Thal, but around industrial age I pulled the plug because the game was starting to slow down both in turn time and unit selection time and I was making stupid mistakes. One day I hope to finish a VEM game!

When I revealed the map I saw that Persia had absolutely spammed a carpet of frigates on a Pangaea+ map. They had built 20/30 frigates just off the coast and 10 frigates on an enclosed inland sea!

Took a quick look in the XML to see if there is a way to turn down the AI construction of naval units. This is all I could find so far:

Code:
		<Update>
			<Where Name="AI_CITY_SPECIALIZATION_PRODUCTION_WEIGHT_NEED_NAVAL_UNITS" />
			<Set Value="50" />
			<!-- 50 -->
		</Update>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="AI_CITY_SPECIALIZATION_PRODUCTION_WEIGHT_NEED_NAVAL_UNITS_CRITICAL" />
			<Set Value="250" />
			<!-- 250 -->
		</Update>

Is this the correct XML to play with? What values would reduce AI naval spam on Pangaea+ by a factor of four.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

It's not possible to precisely control the type and quantity of units the AI builds the way you want. Firaxis did not design the system that well. You can reduce the AI's naval preference by dropping all the "FLAVOR_NAVAL" values in the flavor file, but it's imprecise and might result in some AIs not building navies.

vem/leaders/VEL_Flavors.xml

Top Bottom