Conquest 04: Final Spoiler

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Enjoyed the resource distribution, but wasn't that pleased that it seemed SGLs, and IMHO pretty annoying, Cultural Conversions were turned off...

SGL's are indeed off, but culture flips are on in the COTM.
IIRC I had one of my newly conquered towns flip back to its previous owner in this game...

Cannot imagine that. Look at Sir Plebs screenie, and I saw similar situations. Plus, there was not a single flip during all my game, despite all the civs on the other continent pretty mixed up. I had Iroquois cities completely surrounded by twice-expanded borders, and a huge culture lead over them.

Did you check it with Flip Calculator? Actually, I find it that in GOTMs usually peaceful flips are rather seldom. AI often has a decent start and builds at least some culture. As well as moves lots of units into flip-risky cities to counter the possibility of flips. May be Iro had 20 or more units in that city. And how big was your lead? 2-fold, 3-fold?

In this game I had about 50% cultural advantage over Byzantines yet Adrianople flipped once or twice, don't remember. MapStat showed about 1.6% probability. This was the only flip in the game except that I had to abandon Tenochtitlan after capturing it for the second time since it showed about 6-7% flip probability. And Celts had similar culture with about 4% flip chances for one or two cities but none of them flipped. :)

I had a lot of flips ( I mean A LOT) particularly at the end of the game. I think it delayed my victory. I finished it by domination around 1350AD or so.
Despite I had libraries and temples in many cities.

Hi!

well, I thought the huge map made the end game a bit boring so focus was lost a bit in my cavalry wars.. short summary is that I had grabbed everything by 1495ad except for a single tile island the byzantines where occupying. It took me until 1595ad to get marines to allow me see the conquest win popup.. :cry:

Built the knights templar wonder, havn't played much with that and found it quite nice, possibly because the tech pace was so slow - it was pumping for ages! the best defence any of the others got was musketman.

It was really the armies that wiped the floor though, heroic epic seems to be a very good investment when warmongering.

cheers,
John :king:

Top Bottom