Conquest with sails and ?

Civ1onSNES

Chieftain
I started again playing civ1, this time on DOS version.

It is nice to conquer the world with sails and catapults, but for a change I thought, maybe some other unit would be good enough too.

Maybe sails and legions.

Any experiences?

Sails, Chariots/Knights, and Diplomats. Can't remember the last time I built a catapult. Too slow for my blitzkrieg warfare.

I played for fun Earth and Romans and used only Legions as attack and managed to win... I used diplomats also but not a single Chariot, catapult etc.... could take earth with legions (yeah it is a pain!) and had to go over to North America and do peace... diplomats to remove City wall of capital... 15 legions and manage to take capital and buy rest with diplomats.
Legions veteran can work as long as you have peace with everyone, put them close to city, declare war take city (huge loses since legions sucks) and then ask for peace even if give money or tech.

That just sounds like using your hand to hammer a nail when you have a hammer sitting right next to you.

Thanks,

I got games won with chariot only, legion only and cavalry only conquest. I did need a little help of diplomats to remove the city walls though.

Chariot conquest is likely the quickest, with legions/cavalry one just needs too many sails.

Top Bottom