1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest with sails and ?

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Civ1onSNES, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Civ1onSNES

Civ1onSNES Chieftain

I started again playing civ1, this time on DOS version.

It is nice to conquer the world with sails and catapults, but for a change I thought, maybe some other unit would be good enough too.

Maybe sails and legions.

Any experiences?

2. ptt196

ptt196 Chieftain

Sails, Chariots/Knights, and Diplomats. Can't remember the last time I built a catapult. Too slow for my blitzkrieg warfare.

3. C1v1l1z@t10n

C1v1l1z@t10n Chieftain

I played for fun Earth and Romans and used only Legions as attack and managed to win... I used diplomats also but not a single Chariot, catapult etc.... could take earth with legions (yeah it is a pain!) and had to go over to North America and do peace... diplomats to remove City wall of capital... 15 legions and manage to take capital and buy rest with diplomats.
    Legions veteran can work as long as you have peace with everyone, put them close to city, declare war take city (huge loses since legions sucks) and then ask for peace even if give money or tech.

4. ptt196

ptt196 Chieftain

That just sounds like using your hand to hammer a nail when you have a hammer sitting right next to you.

C1v1l1z@t10n likes this.
  5. Civ1onSNES

Civ1onSNES Chieftain

Thanks,

I got games won with chariot only, legion only and cavalry only conquest. I did need a little help of diplomats to remove the city walls though.

Chariot conquest is likely the quickest, with legions/cavalry one just needs too many sails.