1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Converted natives living among natives question

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by nekom, Dec 6, 2014.

1. nekom

nekom Warlord

Ok I've had civ4 complete for a long time but never really tried colonization until recently. I have it installed both at home and at work (yeah being the IT guy has its perks). Strange thing here, converted natives can live among natives in their villages to learn skills... on my work installation. At home, they can't. Any clue why this might be? I do have the TAC scenarios because I really dig the huge Americas map, but I don't run the mod itself. Any idea what gives?

2. dalgo

dalgo Emperor

It probably means your work installation has the un-patched version of the game. This was one of the balance changes made by the patch. A full list of those changes is listed in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=313618

To check your game version go to the initial menu and select Advanced/About This Build and it should say Final Release.

I strongly recommend playing the patched version as it fixes a lot of bugs and in particular the size of the REF does not increase as fast.

3. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

There's a patched version? Thanks.