cornerd !

wear146

Chieftain
Hello I was hoping that i could get some tips:). I started my first game on regent as Korea on a large map.It seemed to be going well enough. I successfully achieved the republic slingshot. I did have two problems that I did not see in the beginning. The first is that I am in a corner of my continent. The second is that my clossest neighbor is Japan. I was able to stay ahead of on expansion until they cut me off completely when i was only at 9 city's. Ive set up a nice kill zone but I can not get any of their city's because japan got ahead on military production. Any tips are greatly appreciated;)

What level are you playing on? The best way to wage war in Civ 3 (at any level) is to build a stack of offensive troops like swordsmen or horsemen and target cities one by one. If you send your troops over individually, they will get killed and the defensive troops will heal before you have a chance to finish em off.

Posting a save would be nice- nothing works quite as well as having the game in our hands.

At Regent, 6 of any offensive units + 2-3 support.defend is more than enough to take any border town.

You just have to have your core cites cranking out military units. And @9 cities, it pretty much means all 9 cities will have to be producing offensive or defensive units. I suggest a ratio of 8 to 1, 8 cities on offense 1 on defense. Adjust accordingly of course.

The best way to wage early war in Civ3, especially when you lose that production advantage at Regent difficulty and above is to gear your economy towards total war. No sidetracking to wonders, or improvents unless its absolutely needed, and by absolutely needed I mean you will lose the city in the next 5 turns if you dont build it.

This war is also a good chance for you to get a leader to rush your FP or an early army for the Hero Epic and Military Academy.

But given you said your playign a large map game, an early FP *assuming your war with Japan is successful* will speed up your game a lot, as your corruption goes way down for a long chunk of the 20-30 turns it would take for you to build the FP on a city with medium ranked corruption.

Thanks a lot for the tips:). Ill turn all of my temple production into barracks. Last turn I got very lucky and earned a leader!. :king:I think I will make an army out of him and march towards japans capitol. Should I bother including catipolts in my invasion stack?

Don't be in a rush to make barracks in all your towns. Only in the ones that will face attacks or be making troops. Normally you would not be making troops in all your towns, even during times of war.

I do not see the age you are in nor the troops being created. If you are making middle ages troops, best to use only places with a barracks that can make units in 10 turns or about that.

Not a lot of value in cranking out knight in 40-70 turns. You may find it of value to check on my tutorial for Regent players in the Strategy forum. It is a 4000bc to domination report.

Ok, I just got into the middle ages. Not to Knights yet but I have infantry. I beat japan (They have one city left and I'm closing in:cool:). For some reason japan NEVER connected to their Iron reserve. I was pretty reluctant to attack because I thought that they probably had a lot of swordsman waiting.VMAXA Thanks for your advice. I just looked at your tutorial.

Top Bottom