Corruption: beyond the courthouse?

LivingDog

Warlord
(I HAVE read the manual! ... ok, I did a search for "corruption" and read only those bits.) Is there a way to reduce corruption after the courthouse is built? The manual mentions only the courthouse and nothing after that.

Other methods:
  • Advance government type
  • Place Palace in trade center

Say what?

Allow me to translate your terse CivFan code means in English:

1) do any gov't research (Note building the Pyramids dismisses this requirement)

2) build a new Palace in the city in which your trade arrows are the highest count for your nation. (NOTE: your old palace will simply be moved to that other city.)

Yes? :cool: No? :confused: Maybe?? :crazyeye:

PS: your other reply requires an image I need to upload which is not here.

1) do any gov't research (Note building the Pyramids dismisses this requirement)

You need to actually switch to the government after its availability. Merely researching it is not sufficient.

2) build a new Palace in the city in which your trade arrows are the highest count for your nation. (NOTE: your old palace will simply be moved to that other city.)

Pretty much. The proper condition is to place the palace where trade arrows are densest due to its area of effect.

The closer to the Palace, the less corruption (except with Communism).

Oh yeah, of course. The proximity effect of the Palace.

But I just realized, I did think before I posted this (and then dismissed it) that I could put the Palace in a centrally located city. But your comment answered that - the best effect is with the best Trade Center City.

Thanks Whelkman!

The ultimate corruption solution: establish democracy.
Then, of course, you no longer need courthouses. I've always wished Sid had provided an incentive to keep courthouses in a democracy. My suggestion would be to allow a city with a courthouse to slip into disorder without crashing the government.
Alas, this is not the case.

Oh yeah, of course. The proximity effect of the Palace.

But I just realized, I did think before I posted this (and then dismissed it) that I could put the Palace in a centrally located city. But your comment answered that - the best effect is with the best Trade Center City.

Thanks Whelkman!

Worked tiles across multiple cities are also a concern. E.g., if the left side of your civ is working a lot of sea and flat road tiles, and the right side of your civ favors hills and forests, then nudge left.

Valen advocates just going to Dem, which is best. The gap in tech requirements and ongoing liabilities (greater military unhappiness) between Rep and Dem is so small that I think spending 200 shields and staying in Rep is a difficult sell against researching Dem.

I don't like Dem or Rep b/c you can't use your military the way you want to. But the payoff is better (for me compared to you strong players the payoff is nothing) in Rep and Dem. So I'll stick with Rep until I learn how to be a total despot! :)

I don't like Dem or Rep b/c you can't use your military the way you want to. But the payoff is better (for me compared to you strong players the payoff is nothing) in Rep and Dem. So I'll stick with Rep until I learn how to be a total despot! :)

If you grow to big, go Commie.
Or, get at war with everyone and then turn Demo/Repo and keep the war going.

Top Bottom