Cracked Editor

timerover51

Deity
I have finally downloaded the cracked editor, and the primary thing that I see so far is that teleportation works. For those who have used this editor, how have you found teleportation to affect the game in terms of game play? I tend to be a bit cautious with experiments of this nature. I have my own problems with my creations biting me back quite hard.

Second, are there any other affects of the cracked editor that I have missed in my initial overview?

timerover51, the charm attack (weaking of defense values in land unit stacks by a special bombardment) is another very interesting feature, that was - as far as I know - revealed with the Polish hacked editor. The most important information in my eyes is, that both options (teleporting and charm attack) are comfortably enabled in the Quintillus editor, too.

Here is a screenshot about the units in the Quintillus Editor:

Quintillus Editor.jpg

In my eyes the Legal Building Telepads are of no practical use for my mods and scenarios. The legal Unit Telepads can be used as mobile army groups (or something like that) with fast limited reinforcement by other units. In earlier versions of my scenarios I tested them for amphibious invasions, too, but here the Flintlock mod offers much better solutions.

Greetings Civinator, thank you for your answer. I will have to check if the version of Quintillus' editor that I can run has that.

I cannot use Flintlock's modification as that is not compatible with the CD version of Civ3 that I use.

Last edited:
As Quintillus editor has the teleport capability, I will be experimenting with teleports and post results here. I am approaching this a bit more cautiously that some of my other experiments. Like boosting the Dinosaurs.

Well, my first attempt at using units that could teleport ended up crashing with no teleportation. Against that, I have had troubles with this biq file before, so more testing with another biq file is in order.

Well, my first attempt at using units that could teleport ended up crashing with no teleportation. Against that, I have had troubles with this biq file before, so more testing with another biq file is in order.
From Bluemofia's original post:

* Teleport capable units do not require telepads to teleport, but can only be teleported to certain selected telepads.
* Teleporting units can only teleport if it is within half the telepad's teleport range.
* A unit serving as a telepad will take in 1 damage per teleportation. It can heal the damage as normal units heal damage. When they have only 1 health, they may not receive teleporting units.
* If it has no health, such as a worker, settler, artillery, scout, etc., it may teleport units according to how much health it should have. (HP bonuses, regular, veteran, etc.) If you do not allow it to "heal", it will still have a limited amount of teleport capacity.
* Teleporting units may only teleport when there are viable teleport pads available.
* A building telepad, though it may teleport without limit of distance, may only receive 1 unit per turn.
* Teleport pads who happen to be marked as teleporters may teleport and still be able to receive teleport units, including it's own type.
* Strangely, teleporting units may only teleport onto building telepads, or telepads on land. This means that naval units may not teleport onto another naval telepad in open water, only one in a port. Restrictions still apply, as in sea units may not teleport to open ground.
* No animation or sound is played when the unit teleports. It is similar to the airlift option, though uses a button with a "T" on it, and if hovered over, reads "unused command".
* Cities with Buildings with the Telepad option can be captured by simply teleporting into them with legal teleport units.
* Buildings may not receive teleporting units on the turn that it is built.
* Immobile units may not teleport.
* Telepads may not have AI Strategy as "Defense" checked.

Hoping That Helps!

- ADDENDUM from tom2050: "Only problem is, currently with Steph's and Quintillus editor, game crashes if there are more than 1 telepad selected for a teleport unit. Not sure if this is the case with the cracked Civ 3 editor."

Last edited:
Top Bottom