1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash to Desktop When Conquering a City Late Game

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Erev, Oct 24, 2016.

1. yojox

yojox Chieftain

Nope, no battle. Just sits a second or two then crashes. I was surprised to see that Steam achievements recorded the victory, but apparently it resolves the battle as a win before whatever causes the crash kicks in.

TonkaTruck likes this.
  2. kesse2k

kesse2k Chieftain

Same issue here, turn 330.

3. Pietje Puk

Pietje Puk Chieftain

Same issue for me. Doesn't matter which city I take next - as soon as one is taken it simply crashes.

Should be very easy to reproduce using this save game. Drive a tank into a random city and crash you go.

Attached Files:

TonkaTruck likes this.
  4. TonkaTruck

TonkaTruck Chieftain

Same problem here.
    Turn 290 playing as Montezuma.
    Tried to cap a city from Gorgo but no cigar.
    Maritime approach, land approach, different turn, different unit,Windows defender whitelist, nvidia card driver update, lucky horseshoe, different city, nothing worked, can't even cap a city from CS because it CTD.

I am so sad.

5. callan

callan Warlord

Same here as well. Problem is replicable on multiple systems from the same save so it's not hardware related. Tried lots of stuff like min graphics, policy reset (policies cause other crashes), gov reset (so I would have less active policies) etc. but I can't workaround so far.

TonkaTruck likes this.
  6. DocRock

DocRock Prince

Joining the party. Just crashing to Desktop without any error message. Game's a mess.

7. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Any chance you all can post how you attack the city? I recall from Civ5 that certain crashes on city capture only occured with a specific attack approach. For example, is any navy involed?

8. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

I've never had a crash to desktop from taking a city but the computer does struggle increasingly with it as the turns go by. I'm on a Huge map with 16 civs, and after 400+ turns there's a several second freeze as I give the order to attack, when the computer calculates the combat results and city ownership change. I suspect it will crash at some point.

TonkaTruck likes this.
  9. TonkaTruck

TonkaTruck Chieftain

@Hyronymus
    Ironclad caps coastal city=crash
    Musketman caps inland city=crash
    Knight caps city state=crash
    Gifting city=crash

Seems to happen TO ME only after turn 250 ish, on windows and mac OS.

10. TonkaTruck

TonkaTruck Chieftain

I solved this somehow by making the game fullscreen, i know how it sounds but worth a shot.

11. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

In the savegame attached if you attack Seoul which is a Sumerian city my game always crashes to desktop for no particular reason.
    The city is located in the northern part of the second continent where i have only a few cities.

Can't isolate the problem but hopefully the savegame can be helpful to squash the bug.

Attached Files:

12. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

The bug seems to be related not just to Seoul but to any city you conquer. The moment you conquer any city there is the crash to desktop

13. Belzek

Belzek Chieftain

Read elsewhere that this may be tied to having a spy in transit or located in a previous conquered city.

I was having the exact same crashing issue, didn't matter which city I conquered I would crash. I went back a few save turns and returned the spy I had in the field to my home city and was able to proceed from there without crashing.

14. cephalo

cephalo Deity

Does anyone know if the latest patch fixed this bug?

15. danguru

danguru Chieftain

This still occurs to me at this date with the Summer 2017 upgrade of CIV.
    A few turns before I did have a Spy in a city that I captured. Its too far back for me to repeat without the spy.