Crash while install.

skadistic

Caomhanach
When I first installed Civ 4 it crashed and I had to do a hard restart. I then tried to install again and all I got was "play read me and exit" and could not try to reinstall. There is no uninstall for the game. After manualy deleating all the files I still could not get install to come up. After spending an hour with a very nice and helpfull take 2 suport staffer who tried every thing she could to help me I came to the reilization that a "system restore" might fix it. It did so if you have this problem try "system restore before calling for help it might save you some time better spent on the game. Hope this might help some one.

The Phranc

I can't get the game installed. I've tried twice with the same results. Right at the bitter end of disk 2 it crashes with the following error:

Feature Transfer Error
Feature: DefaultFeature
Component: Civ4Component
File: F:\data3.cab
Error: Incorrect function.

Anyone have any suggestions? I REALLY want to play Civ IV. This just kills me. :mad: I'll try your reboot suggestion and do it again. If anyone else has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

FYI - I sent in a ticket with 2K Games.

bb0yd said:
I can't get the game installed. I've tried twice with the same results. Right at the bitter end of disk 2 it crashes with the following error:

Feature Transfer Error
Feature: DefaultFeature
Component: Civ4Component
File: F:\data3.cab
Error: Incorrect function.

Anyone have any suggestions? I REALLY want to play Civ IV. This just kills me. :mad: I'll try your reboot suggestion and do it again. If anyone else has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

FYI - I sent in a ticket with 2K Games.

I have the same problem - I think it might be a disk damage problem. The same file is always responsible - it freezes on "stone(something).tga" then spits out the error message. I made a disk image using Nero and mounted using Daemon tools to complete the install, but that file was still unreadable. I skipped over it and finished the install, but the game crashes every startup.

Check your disk carefully for scratches. Good luck!

Top Bottom