1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Creating a HUGE mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by PabloX, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

@Ryjka thank you very much for your advices. Im will test it when Im done with all techs, dont worry ;) and have a nice day of course :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. sman1975

sman1975 King

@Ryika - adjusting the Marathon Era tech speeds - didn't Bouncymischa do that with Future Worlds?

3. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

I don't know, never played with that mod. But going by logic alone, that's exactly the kind of mod where I would expect to see such a change, because it's a mod that mostly adds stuff towards the end. The author might have run into the overflow issue and come to the conclusion that changing the game speed scaling is the the cleanest way (that I can think of) to prevent people from running into the issue without having to make changes to the techs, buildings etc. from the previous eras.
    That's pure speculation of course, maybe he just thought that players would not want to play with 300% modifiers if there's additional content towards the end.

But in either case, changing the game speed modifiers circumvents most compatibility issues with other mods that would arise if the author were to make changes to other aspects of the game, because the game scales everything automatically. Unless the authors of other mods have used some fixed turn intervals per game speed in their code instead of basing them on the game speed modifiers, most mods should not run into any compatibility issues.

Of course in a project such as this, compatibility with other mods is, let's say, at best a minor concern, so other solutions may lead to more fitting results.

sman1975 likes this.
  4. sman1975

sman1975 King

True. I guess, given the hard beaker limit, there are only so many ways to "extend" the gaming experience time-wise. Thanks for your tip - it will help me greatly on a mod I'm working on with a similar issue!

5. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

Hey hey guys dont worry Im will implement in my mod this:
    <Update>
    <Set Value="0"/>
    <Where Name="SCIENCE_PER_POPULATION" />
    </Update>
    :) and will make that only special buildings increase research and test it so be patient ;) have a nice day :)

6. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

Soon Modern era tech tree will be finished ;)

7. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

Modern era tech tree finished :)

8. Deadstarre

Deadstarre Expert

I like the "smooth" transition from Nazism into Electric Shavers =)

PabloX likes this.
  9. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

Deadstarre hahaha yea, It will be fixed in the future. Right now Im have some break from modding for about two weeks. Have a nice day ;)

10. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

Looking great. Keep up the good work! (Love your polish game version :D )

11. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

@X_BriX thank you for your motivating words :) and some techs in screens may be in polish language cause I am a polish guy from Poland and play in polish;) Im will back to modding after 10 days, have a nice days guys and see ya later ;)

12. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

PabloX, how is the work going on? I know it's asking too much, but try to avoid "centrisms" like "schiltron" could be very well "shield wall", don't you think?

13. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

@King Morius Im will back to modding after 8 days than ask me how is the work going :) And that "shield wall" is more suitable for ancient era where first time shield were used. I respect your opinion but Im will add technologies as I like, of course if you want to replace some tech with another than Im will consider this. Im will "fix" that schiltron in the future I think, have a nice day ;)

14. King Morius

King Morius Warlord

@PabloX, don't mind me, i'm just being nosy. I threw something for you to consider, glad to know you already did!

15. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

Had not seen this project before its great! Any news @PabloX ?. Thank you for this!