Creating large maps

Last time I was playing civ, right when BNW came out, it wasn't possible to create full size maps in the worldbuilder, I was never able to figure out how some people did it.

I have a map idea now that requires a map as large as possible, so I'm wondering how to bypass the limits set in worldbuilder.

If you have civ 4, you can build a empty map and import it... or ask someone to do so for you...

civ 4? Maybe I'm not communincating right.

The last time I used the civ 5 worldbuilder, you were limited to making maps of like.... 90 x 70 or something like that. But I know the in game huge map sizes and some workshop maps are much larger.

How do I make maps at those sizes? That's my question.

The maximum dimensions of a map made in civ 4 are probably larger than those in civ 5 Worldbuilder, which I expect is what Craig meant. Maps made in civ 4 can be imported into the Worldbuilder for use in civ 5.

The maximum dimensions of a map made in civ 4 are probably larger than those in civ 5 Worldbuilder, which I expect is what Craig meant. Maps made in civ 4 can be imported into the Worldbuilder for use in civ 5.

Ah.

I do have civ 4, but I've never actually done any sort of modding with it, so I wouldn't even know where to start. Can one of you find out what the max map height is in civ 4?

The maps are xml text files... you need to copy-paste many lines and change tile x,y values as well as the number of map plots and size in the xml.

There are 3rd party map editors that can do this automatically as well.

Hmm, I think I'll just work within the default limitations. That said, for curiosities sake, what's the maximum, largest size a map can be in civ 5 with the game functioning?

I made a map for Civ 5 BNW that is 102X64 is that too large?

Top Bottom