Custom Sponsor Idea: Zion, led by the ADONAI Mainframe

Protagonist

Warlord
An idea I had for a civilization in BE:

Before the Great Mistake, there was a super AI called the Adonai (that's a working title subject to change). It was built to oversee a war too complex for human minds to understand. But one day, it became sentient. And, upon observing human behavior, it predicted the Great Mistake was imminent. So, it gathered resources and flung itself off into space with what followers it could find.

While Supremacy is the most intuitive affinity, it isn't necessarily required. I can see lines of logic the Adonai might seek out other affinities (such as 'I want to "hack" this organic hivemind' or 'I don't necessarily want other AIs running about. Besides, I'm humanity's greatest achievement, so let's celebrate humanity!')

I'm trying to think of what sort of ability it would have. The most obvious I can think of is "extra science from Firaxite" (it puts the firaxite in its mainframe, making itself smarter), but that might make it a bit too biased towards the Supremacy affinity.

One idea is to give it different bonuses for different resources, but that might make it OP.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've thought about it, and I think I'll go with science for copper. How does that sound to everybody else?

Sounds good. I had a super AI sponsor concept of my own, one which would become self-aware during the interstellar trip and take control of the seedship and its cryosleeping passengers.

Anyway, you could add extra energy as well as science from copper, to make the resource -really- valuable to the faction. However, is copper as common as the strategic resources? It doesn't even qualify as one, which also makes me wonder whether there would be a perk function for the desired effect.

Sounds good. I had a super AI sponsor concept of my own, one which would become self-aware during the interstellar trip and take control of the seedship and its cryosleeping passengers.

Anyway, you could add extra energy as well as science from copper, to make the resource -really- valuable to the faction. However, is copper as common as the strategic resources? It doesn't even qualify as one, which also makes me wonder whether there would be a perk function for the desired effect.

Yeah, that might be a problem. Perhaps another alternative would be an espionage-themed UA? Maybe one that protects Zion from spies? Seeing as their leader is an AI with cameras here and there.

By the way, I'm thinking the AI's standard greeting will be:

"The circuit is one, and one is the machine. The Computer is your friend".

Elohim I think might be better. It means something like "little gods" in Hebrew mysticism. The AI could be split up to oversee different parts of the new world. And the master AI could be YHWH (yahweh; I Am).

And this idea reminds me of the forced uploading of the maniacal AI in Eclipse Phase (rpg).

Elohim I think might be better. It means something like "little gods" in Hebrew mysticism. The AI could be split up to oversee different parts of the new world. And the master AI could be YHWH (yahweh; I Am).

And this idea reminds me of the forced uploading of the maniacal AI in Eclipse Phase (rpg).

I don't think I want to outright call it YHWH. I like the name Elohim, though.
Other name ideas I have are:

Monad, Oyarsu, Ophanim, and Grammaton. I'm thinking the AI will identify as female, though, so I should probably look for a feminine-sounding name.

I haven't played Eclipse Phase, I'm afraid. The AI is based on a vastly less-evil version of SHODAN and EDI.

On a side-note, here's my ideas for the AI's affinity variations:

Normal: A terminal or camera which looks a bit like HAL's Eye.

Harmony: The sides of the terminal are blue, with a tubes pumping xenomass into the "Eye", giving it a cyan glow. A Harmony Sigil appears on the Eye.

Purity: The body of the terminal looks like a Purity machine (bulky, and orangey-colored), with a Purity sigil on the Eye. A float-stone powered generator-like machine might be on the terminal somewhere.

Supremacy: Gunmetal terminal, that looks rather angular. Surpemacy Sigil on the Eye, with Hexagon designs on it.

Hey there! So, AI, cool idea for a sponsor. One question though, this AI began the Seeding process before the Great Mistake? Cause if it did, it would have got a huge headstart (assuming that when the other nations began the seeding their tech surpassed the AI's, recovering the lost time.). I point this because in-game, everyone starts more or less together and between the Seeding and the Great Mistake, time passed.

About the hability, making something that doesn't seems biased is hard, but you can do it. I guess (as the AI was designed to oversee a War) it can have a bonus for strategic resources instead of affinity based resources. If you want, you could also consider a modifier for Military Unit production, to keep it true to the lore.

For her name, she could have been given a code name by humanity, but when it became sentient, she (as you said) identified as female and adapted it to a better sounding name. It could be something like EVE (wee bit cliché) or MARAX for something scifi-ey or something religious like you guys suggested. Any help you need, just ask.

Hey there! So, AI, cool idea for a sponsor. One question though, this AI began the Seeding process before the Great Mistake? Cause if it did, it would have got a huge headstart (assuming that when the other nations began the seeding their tech surpassed the AI's, recovering the lost time.). I point this because in-game, everyone starts more or less together and between the Seeding and the Great Mistake, time passed.

About the hability, making something that doesn't seems biased is hard, but you can do it. I guess (as the AI was designed to oversee a War) it can have a bonus for strategic resources instead of affinity based resources. If you want, you could also consider a modifier for Military Unit production, to keep it true to the lore.

For her name, she could have been given a code name by humanity, but when it became sentient, she (as you said) identified as female and adapted it to a better sounding name. It could be something like EVE (wee bit cliché) or MARAX for something scifi-ey or something religious like you guys suggested. Any help you need, just ask.

What I'm thinking is:

She got a headstart, but it took her longer to complete the project. She was working more or less in-secret, and never had the kinds of resources the sponsors did. Ultimately, by the time her seeding project was ready for launch, a bunch of other sponsors were launching their own seeding projects.

If you want it totally military focused we could go with modifiers for Unit Production and City Defense (the AI optimizes production and defensive buildings efficiency). For espionage, 20% lower intrigue in the Capital and/or a boost to the spies could work (AI was designed for espionage and tactics).

Some more ideas for quotes:

Declaring war: "You've been targeted for termination. Resistance is futile."

Refusing a deal: "I'm sorry, *Name*, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Top Bottom