Customs House

Adamantius

Chieftain
So, I recently discovered this Civ 4 and this mod which is an amazing reproduction and improvement on my favorite game from my childhood. But one thing has continued to elude me, which is the Customs House.

I have built a Customs House in each of my 4 cities but all 4 cities are always overflowing on my goods. I tried setting one city to all "0's" another city to all "999's", but no matter what I do, I cannot get the Customs House to work like it did in the original Colonization.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get the Customs House to sell all of my non-essentials goods like the original?

Hmm, necroing this thread: :)

I would love to know that too: my custom houses kept overflowing even though I had set most of them to sell anythng more than 50 of the processed goods in the capital that has the central customs authority. They never sold anything.

Yes it must be a bug. :(

Because that is not the way it worked in RaR.
The custom house setting were tested to work.

FWIW, in the game I just finished, the Customs House did sell goods, but it didn't seem to sell all of the goods it should have; ie, it never got rid of those 2000 furs I couldn't be bothered to send to Port Royal.

it didn't seem to sell all of the goods it should have; ie, it never got rid of those 2000 furs I couldn't be bothered to send to Port Royal.
I wrote a yield overhaul recently where yield hardcoding is reduced and more can be set in xml. Also it turned out that there are (were) inconsistencies between different parts of the code. Nothing major, but still technically bugs, which I have tried to solve (not released yet). One such inconsistency is that the custom house in multiple locations ignore food, lumber and stone. In a single location it also ignores furs.

@raystuttgart Any idea why furs aren't being handled by the custom house? If there is some great thinking to it, then it needs to go into the GUI and not be an invisible rule. If not, how about enabling sales of furs?

@raystuttgart Any idea why furs aren't being handled by the custom house?
This is most likely a bug that I had accidently coded when adjusting / trying to improve custom house logic over the years.
(Most likely when I implemented the massive overhaul of the storage system to the current one. Thus I needed to adjust overflow and Custom House logic as well.)

It is definitely nothing I coded on purpose myself.
But other people had touched the code as well of course - but usually I should have known about something like that being coded purposely.

Edit:
As you might now Vanilla and TAC have a very different storage system. Every yield has a separate storage capacity. It does not matter there how many different Yields you store.
In RaR I introduce the "Total Storage Capacity" summing up all Yields as one capacity. Simply because it makes more sense to me to consider the total storage (for capacity and overflow).

Last edited:
One such inconsistency is that the custom house in multiple locations ignore food, lumber and stone. In a single location it also ignores furs.

@raystuttgart Any idea why furs aren't being handled by the custom house? If there is some great thinking to it, then it needs to go into the GUI and not be an invisible rule. If not, how about enabling sales of furs?

Furs are very annoying with friendly natives spamming hundreds of fur gifts constantly. Can fur production be toned down?

Hi, appologies for digging up this thread but after much searching this seems to be as good a place as any as the thread is only a few months old.

I recently donwloaded TAC and have enjoyed playing it however the custom house doesnt work. Clicking on it doesnt bring up the menu and it just over flows. I tryed starting a game on easiest setting and rushing to a custom house, it worked fine but in normal playthrus it doesnt. Can anybody shed any light on this? Its ruined two good games so far and there doesnt seem much point starting another till i can sort this issue.

I recently donwloaded TAC and have enjoyed playing it however the custom house doesnt work.
Is this bug related to TAC or WTP? :confused:

Because TAC has stopped its development many years ago.
(We will also not fix bugs in TAC anymore.)

WTP however still is in development.
And bugs in WTP we of course need to fix

Last edited:
@team:

Is there still a bug in Custom House of WTP.

If yes:
Has anybodied of you already looked into it?
Could you give me an updated what causes it and how it was introduced?

I currently know nothing about it. :dunno:

Last edited:
Yeah its TAC :( Sorry for wrong place. So should i consider TAC just dead then? I have no ability to fix it myself.
As much as I would like TAC (or any other mod) to be bug free, I can't do anything about it. Each hour I spend on another mod will be an hour taken from WTP. I would rather spend the time making WTP perfect.

If there is a reason why you prefer TAC over WTP, then I would like to hear about it.

I may be wrong here, but considering WTP is based on Religion and Revolution, which is based on TAC, surely the current version of WTP can be considered to be the most up to date, improved and bug free version of TAC?

So if you want a more polished, less buggy and overall improved version of TAC:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/we-the-people-mod-overview.636758/

... surely the current version of WTP can be considered to be the most up to date, improved and bug free version of TAC?
It is not that easy. :dunno:

Yes, WTP is based on RaR, which is based on TAC.
And yes, WTP is far more advanced than TAC.

But WTP (or RaR) did not just "polish" TAC, we massively changed, enhanced and added gameplay.
(Much more features, Units, Building, Profession, Yields/Goods, ...) - WTP is at least 3 times as big as TAC.

TAC is still close to the original game but with better graphics, mor atmospheic texts and better usability.
WTP (or RaR) is a compleltey new game experience that only still share a few common elements with old TAC.

The mods WTP and TAC are really extremely different.
Not everybody who likes TAC does also like WTP, because WTP is much bigger and complex.

But yes, players can give both a try and simply see which mod they like best for themselves. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@team:

Is there still a bug in Custom House of WTP.

If yes:
Has anybodied of you already looked into it?
Could you give me an updated what causes it and how it was introduced?

I currently know nothing about it. :dunno:

I think it may still be happening. I will check when I stream today on my release build. I have high production and a fair few customs houses so should be apparent quite quickly

EDIT:

It would seem the a customs house is not selling all the goods it can. This appears to be the case across all goods?

Last edited:
Top Bottom