Da Gobbo Chronicles (Wh2 Story)

Tyrion

Hmmm.....
Note: Spelling is meant to be wrong. In True Gobo Fashion. I played a random map. Pics will be in next post as im not entirely sure how to post them without attaching them

The Goblin Chronicles. Chapter One
Da Beggining

In -2000 Ic Da goblin Peoples joined togeder in da ‘and of frendship. Founding da city of gunbad. De wisemen of da tribe decided to pursue better ways to fump people. Soon da pitiful Snotlings were organised into an exploration force.

Soon dey discovered and fumped some ruins. They managed to fump farming out of the walls. And became a little bit more inteleegant. After this da great culture of the Gobbo city Gunbad expanded. More snotlings formed up to become a defense force. Plans started to form in da minds of da great lord to settle in another land and expand da ability of da gobbo’s to fump people. In -1575 we met da backward Indic people.

In -1300 We fumped maps out of some more ruins. Our first settler was moving to a perfect loacation and a new snotlign was made so dat we could find some more peeps to fump. Da city of Ugbad was formed near some wheat. Already de great gobo lord Dork Redeye was forming another settler group to counta de foolish Indics.

In -1025 we ‘ad formed our next settler groupt and our capital was on its way to building anoder.

In -1000 Ic a strange man came with a book of de most advanced people of da world. Strangely we wernt dere, so we had him fumped.

In -950 da city of Dolun was built near some sheep which were fumped.
In -900 da people of ugbad revolted we wondered why dey were saying dey were revolting so we just fumped em.

In -850 Ic our smart people found out da secrets of Warrior Code. And started working out how tofump people from affar.

In -800 we traded domestication and 16 gold for mysticism off da Ind. Dork dinks this if not right so begins plans for da fumping of Mister Ind. In -750 we disturbed da dead (Barbarians). De snotlings Fell down laughing as de skeletons showed us party tricks including how dey could do a 360 with der head. While dey were doing part tricks our sneaky snotling broders snuck up on dem and fumped em.
In -600 de cities of Ruglud and Bogrot were formed

We also met the stuck up forward thinking Tileans. Who refused to give da secrets of mining even wen we offered dem money.

Da people of Ugbad revolted again so we fumped em. We as Fumped sum Dead people
In -375 we continued to fump de skeles.

In -325 one of our snotling’s got fumped.

In -300 de other one got fumped on de ‘ed De people o Gunbad became revolted so we fumped em too. After dis Inceedent de culture expanded.

In -125 de city of Durgob was built.

In -100 de city of Wortrung was built de people of Ugbad got revolted again so guess wat we fumped ‘em.

In -50 we discovered Balistics so dat we culd fump de enemy from afar.Through sum careful negotiations we got Mining of de Indics for Ballistics and started looking into pottery so we could make pretty pots.

In 1 Ic another man came and told us about de most happy nations in de world. We weren’t there so we fumped ‘im.

De world of 1Ic. You can’t see 3 cities.

Coming soon Chapter 2.

How do i seperatly post pictures without uploading them which arn't off the net?

Now this should be interesting - I like the gobbo writing style with things getting fumped all over the place:goodjob:.

On your question about pictures: You mean without uploading them to the forums attachment system? Check here and then link them using

What i meant was when i click on insert picture it asks for a url. Im not sure how to place screenshots which arnt off the net onto the post.

That's why I've insterted the link where it says "here" in my post, because it's a link to the sticky post in this forum, in which the easy file upload system is explained.
To make a long story short: At the bottom of this page, you'll see links like "forum rules, chat room, upload file..." - if you use upload file, you can UL a file to a server without using the attachment system - and that's where you get your url from (it's all explained inthere...).

Hmm ok. next chapter soon.

Da Gobbo Chronicles.

Chapter 2: Da Buildup

And so the da build up for da fumping of Ind began. Bogrot didn’t like dis so revolted….. we fumped em.

200 IC – Rugrud revolts. We fump em.

300-325 IC – We force Indic settler group (settler, Spearmen) Next to Barbarian camp. Settler gets fumped. He, he, he. We build the city of Dakabad where the Inds wanted to build. He, he, he. The city of Dolun revolts we bash em.

350 IC – Gunbad becomes Revolting after we create goblin Archer. We fump em. Wortrung follows suit we eat der grandparents.

375 IC – We get stone working of Ind for Pottery and 19 gold.
We get Smithing of Tilea for Pottery, Stone Working, Ballistics and 414 Gold.*Cough* Ripoff *Cough*. But Smithing will help with da fumping.

After getting smithing we discover dat we have 3 sources of Iron. 1 of which was where Ind was trying to settle. As far as we know dey don’t ave any. He, he, he. Da fumping is coming.

550 IC – Ind demands Tribute. We give dem it. Not ready to fump yet still settling near last supplies of Iron.

570 IC – City of Narslag founded near second last source of da Iron.

620 IC – We trade Riding for Astrology from Ind.

650 IC – The City of Uzmor is built and successfully blocks of da last source of visible Iron on dis Continent.

In 850 IC Ind Declares War. It’s a Fumping Time.
We buy Chronicles and Sailing off Tilea.

Durgob is attacked. All spearmen die. We prepare to lose city when enemy attacks snotling. Snotling wins, belief in da Gobo Gods skyrockets. For how else could a shrimpy little Snotling beat an Indic Warrior.

Coming Soon Chapter 3 Da War. And hopefully screenshots.

Whee - another one :) - just found this. Count me in as a reader. Some pictures would be nice, though - hope to maybe see some lotr-movie gobbos in a similar way as in blackadders story ("da gobbo timez" would really be a newspaper I'd love to read :D)

I would love to post screenshots but its not working. No not even if i use the Uploading thingy. And the Newspaper thing is far beyond my ability im not that again.

Hmm - you could still post one single screenshot per post, using the forums attachment system (if you attach only one *.jpg/*.gif/*.bmp, it shows automatically at the end of the post).

Screenies are too large for that.

The Important question is are people enjoying this?

Not meaning to be rude, but what do you expect? People praising your story after every post? After your first chapter, you got more positive feedback from readers than most stories (including mine) had after a few posts with pictures.
There are some great stories with screenies hardly getting any response, but if you look at the number of views, you can see that they have their audience.

I for my part enjoy your story, even if it has no screenies (allthough I admit seeing some would be nice). If your screenies are too large, why don't you resize them? I think that should even be possible with MSPaint. Or if all else fails, and the problem is that your screenies are 1280x1024 or bigger, you could set keepres=0 in your civ3.ini. Iirc, the game should run in 1024x768 then, which would make all screenies that resolution without any need for further processing - and that's a size that definetly works as an attachment.

The Black Adder (I can't help but think of a dark coloured calculator when I say that) has a point. The views count lets you know that people are reading. I enjoy the goblin talk quite a bit, though I think pictures are important for a story like this.

I'm kind of a computer idiot, but i was able to get pictures in my story with MS Paint. I just saved the files as a jpg, or something like that, and then uploaded them. There's a wonderfull post in the succession game forum that'll let ya know how to do it.

Good luck, and keep at it! Don't let the Gobbos down!

Sorry bout lack of Chapters but the Laptop that the game is on is stufifng up. Its not likely that anotherchapter will come soon if at all. Sorry.

Not meaning to be rude. Balckadder but the only story i have read so far was yours. Sadly i have not had the time to read others. Viewing and liking are two very different aspects.

Right ive posted some pics on post 1. Here is pic 6 this is the happiest nations of the world.

Attachments

• Screen6.bmp
    182.3 KB · Views: 126
Tyrion said:
Not meaning to be rude. Balckadder but the only story i have read so far was yours. Sadly i have not had the time to read others. Viewing and liking are two very different aspects.

On the other hand: Why would anyone continue to read something he doesn't like? Thanks for the screenies - I hope you continue this.

Top Bottom