Deciding to Return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurtSibling

ENEMY ACE™
Hi folks, after being away a while, I wanted to pop in with a message, let's address something first:

I have been working away, on my 2D work. Reading the distorted words of @Thorvald of Lym and @Cloud_Strife, I was surprised such venom was allowed here. I have drawn adult art, and satire of internet madness. All of it within the community guidelines of the sites I post on. There is no law that I cannot challenge people views. I mock righties, lefties, weird web fetish groups, etc. These days I have completely rejected political satire and concentrate on character and toon art. Go look at my DA gallery and see. Sadly some people have no ability to process subtle humour, or purposely get annoyed to gain attention. Thorvald was scolded by me on another site, and seemingly is miffed at me. Cloud is a regular poster on OT, and I ask them both to calm down, accept other's expressions and be tolerant. If you have been offended by my words at some point, then accept my apologies. It's 2023, let us move on. I am not a hater, I am a humble cartoonist who drew silly art.

Anyway, now to the real info - I want to rejoin the SL forum life, and realised I was being dramatic in walking away. I maybe needed a break.
I have a few new CIV2 projects on the list that I want to share, and the great creative experts here are not found anywhere else.

Let's pool our efforts and keep this last CIV2 outpost alive. :)
If you guys want me to become mod on this forum again, I can take it up.
Would be happy to support the excellent @Blake00 on the board.

So I am back - Hope that is not bad news! ;)

Hi folks, after being away a while, I wanted to pop in with a message, let's address something first:

I have been working away, on my 2D work. Reading the distorted words of @Thorvald of Lym and @Cloud_Strife, I was surprised such venom was allowed here. I have drawn adult art, and satire of internet madness. All of it within the community guidelines of the sites I post on. There is no law that I cannot challenge people views. I mock righties, lefties, weird web fetish groups, etc. These days I have completely rejected political satire and concentrate on character and toon art. Go look at my DA gallery and see. Sadly some people have no ability to process subtle humour, or purposely get annoyed to gain attention. Thorvald was scolded by me on another site, and seemingly is miffed at me. Cloud is a regular poster on OT, and I ask them both to calm down, accept other's expressions and be tolerant. If you have been offended by my words at some point, then accept my apologies. It's 2023, let us move on. I am not a hater, I am a humble cartoonist who drew silly art.

Anyway, now to the real info - I want to rejoin the SL forum life, and realised I was being dramatic in walking away. I maybe needed a break.
I have a few new CIV2 projects on the list that I want to share, and the great creative experts here are not found anywhere else.

The whole thread of you leaving was a fait accompli and closed before I could comment. Nonetheless, you're always welcome back in my books - but I am not a moderator (though you were not formally banned - just self-imposed exile). The SL is a small and aging community, like an Oddfellows or Rebekahs Lodge, and we can't afford unnecessary attrition. I offer my welcome back.

The whole thread of you leaving was a fait accompli and closed before I could comment. Nonetheless, you're always welcome back in my books - but I am not a moderator (though you were not formally banned - just self-imposed exile). The SL is a small and aging community, like an Oddfellows or Rebekahs Lodge, and we can't afford unnecessary attrition. I offer my welcome back.
Thanks, Patine. I left due to what I saw as politics/censorship - But whatever, I realise that my CIV persona does not jive with my commission artist persona, so I will keep them separate.
Those who think I am some kind of hater simply do not know me. It's an absurd accusation, and only trolls could come up with it.

Thanks, Patine. I left due to what I saw as politics/censorship - But whatever, I realise that my CIV persona does not jive with my commission artist persona, so I will keep them separate.
Those who think I am some kind of hater simply do not know me. It's an absurd accusation, and only trolls could come up with it.
If I melded my profession as a social worker with my persona on the SL, I could hardly justify making or talking about monstrous war scenarios so cavalierly, so I FULLY understand and empathize with these kind of separations.

This forum always had a cosy feeling of a history buff club, and (for me) was a sort of shelter from the madness of the web.
In that mood, I am looking forward to revealing new CIV2 projects, and completing some large-scale scenarios. :)
In no way do I wish to see the politcal toxins from OT seeping in to our SL enclave.

This forum always had a cosy feeling of a history buff club, and (for me) was a sort of shelter from the madness of the web.
In that mood, I am looking forward to revealing new CIV2 projects, and completing some large-scale scenarios. :)
In no way do I wish to see the politcal toxins from OT seeping in to our SL enclave.
I, myself, am making a real dedicated push to finally finish Empire of the Rising Sun, which has been an albatross (albeit, an evolving and expanding one, in vision) around my neck since back on Apolyton.

Welcome back, Curt. You were on a roll with lua and new adventures when you left so I'm glad you've returned. Really hoping to see a lua remake of American Kingdoms in the future (that scenario just has "it" if you ask me -- definitely a "one more turn" sort of experience).

I've seen your anti trans art, it's made with hate and venom for trans, trans women in particular.

Your "I'm sorry you were offended" shtick is pathetic. You've learnt nothing.

You'll definitely do it again.

@Cloud_Strife you got the most out of this you're entitled to get. His link has been removed.

@CurtSibling you brought Cloud_Strife in by referencing her and using a word "venom" that was reasonably likely to illicit a response she's entitled to make.

Neither of you has to like each other. Both of you have to keep it to Civ2 in this forum :)

Leaving the thread open now so others can say hello and welcome back but now that you've both weighed in (each restrainedly, by the way, that's noticed and I thank you both for it) - let's get back to civving.

you got the most out of this you're entitled to get. His link has been removed.

I understand that you don't care about how trans people are being portrayed, i recognise that @JPetroski, but i do and I'm going to use my right...

Moderator action - move this to OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed all the fun but it looks like I can post in locked threads (without having to unlock them) so I just wanted to firstly say a delayed welcome back Curt, I'm glad you changed your mind, and I very much look forward to seeing your future scenario creations and hope to see your old amazing ones reappear at some point for everyone to enjoy too! :) This place is certainly quieter and takes a bit of a hit when you're not around, and unfortunately my endless ongoing projects to boost traffic here (ie cross sharing CFC Civ2&ToT content to other sites and social media, creating video content showcasing CFC Civ2&ToT creations, trying to get Civ2&ToT back into digital stores creating a fresh injection of new & returning players looking to play & create mods, and improving information + navigation for when new people do come) are all still in progress and most aren't quite ready yet but I'm getting some leave soon so hopefully I can use that to finally start kicking a few things off soon. My similar efforts brought a nice boost to the old Civ1 area which was almost dead a year & a half ago and I've got so much more planned for here than I did there, so fingers crossed the effort pays off and good times are coming. Also thank you for the compliment Curt although to be honest I haven't done anything around the SL worthy of praise lately as JPetroski's got the keys and I'm just occasionally popping by as a contributor, but am here to help if he ever needs it.

And secondly I see things have already got off to a unfortunate start and JPetroski was forced to take action on both sides and then shut the whole thing down to keep the peace. I was going to leave it, but I fear this may not be over and could spill out into other Civ2 areas outside the SL, so as some here have already suggested I'd strongly recommend anyone not getting along please deal with their differences between each other privately or elsewhere entirely, and if things can't be resolved then this site has a lovely ignore button you can press on other peoples profiles allowing you to stay out of each others way. Because if any of the involved parties start following each other around here replying to each others posts arguing, antagonizing, lecturing, baiting, or any other sneaky ways to stick the needle in it's just going to cause an incident we all know this place doesn't need, and if it happens in the SL it puts JPetroski in a difficult position and if it happens in the other Civ2 areas it puts me in a difficult position that neither of us want to be in (but accept it's part of the job), as we're just here to have fun and talk about Civ2 just like everyone else. So let's all get back to doing that! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom