1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dale's Religious Units Border Control 1.0

Stops Missionary/Apostle free entry to foreign lands. Must have Open Borders agreement.

1. Dale

Dale Deity

Sure thing.

2. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Yes, but this one globally changes the number of units allowed per tiles and this have always caused weird behaviors (in Civ5). Sometimes it was a nice side effect such as being able to move civilians, sometimes a real annoyance like military units stacked with other civilizations military units prompting multiple "Are you sure you want to declare war?" every turn.

3. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Half way down there's a post about stacking, and my post at the very end is just trying to figure out sql, but read the last few posts

4. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

UPDATE Units SET Stackable = 1

There you are, courtesy of gyogen2. Throw that into an .sql mod

5. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

That still edits ALL units to be stackable. If you want to enable it for religious units only you have to do something like:

UPDATE Units SET Stackable = 1 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_MISSIONARY';
    UPDATE Units SET Stackable = 1 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_APOSTLE';
    UPDATE Units SET Stackable = 1 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_INQUISITOR';

or

UPDATE Units SET Stackable = 1 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_MISSIONARY' OR UnitType = 'UNIT_APOSTLE' OR UnitType = 'UNIT_INQUISITOR';

Untested of course, the "Stackable"-column is only used to allow stacking of air units in the unmodded game - who knows what happens if you allow units to stack that aren't supposed to be stackable.

6. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

This.

Also, making Religious units stackable shouldn't allow Builders to stack with those, maybe if workers are made stackable too. However Air units are limited in some way, not sure how to limit civilian units if we want to go this way. This would certainly require testing.
    Multiple units per tiles was one of the very first Civ5 mods but it always caused weird behavior. At times i couldn't attack with stacked units and didn't know why. At times i could have units belonging to several AIs stacked together (if they were not at war) and trying to attack units of one of those civs (because i was at war with them) would trigger the declare war prompt for the other civ. That option is probably a leftover from some attempts at allowing multiple but limited stacking during Civ5 development. That it's still there in Civ6 likely means that despite some very loud claims by some extremely confident people on this forum the Civ6 engine is an upgrade of the Civ5 engine rather than a totally new "built from scratch" one (which definitely makes sense from a development PoV).

Some units definitely ignore the "only one civilization" per tile rule. Traders when they are moving don't block anything. Spies also can end their turn with units from other civilizations on their tile so it's definitely possible, but is it possible to do it cleanly without access to the dll is another story. Anyway i don't like changing global stacking just to reduce religious clutter. It's a bit like using a sledgehammer to open a nut.

7. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Yeah but you can't wage a religious domination if you can't get close to their cities to spread . I also had a war game and another civs religious units were blocking my army from attacking another civ !

8. Prince Jordan

Prince Jordan Chieftain

Yea, I think blocking them completely takes away from the game, I would love if they were just given their own layer so you could walk past them or share tiles with them. My biggest issue with the spam is they get in your way constantly. This gets aggravating during wars. It's pretty easy to defend your cities against conversion without blocking your cities with your own units so I am not so worried about losing that.

9. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Use the stackable adjustment I posted , so far n negative effects

10. RandV

RandV Chieftain

There's an unintended consequence with this mod: open borders block applies to city states who you don't have suzerain status with. Sucks when they give you the religious conversion quest.

11. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

This was an interesting idea, but the consequence was that I'd have a veritable army of missionaries surrounding each of my cities and nothing able to go in or out. I didn't like the stackable adjustment either, but what I did do was something much simpler. I doubled the religious unit costs and reduced the missionary spread charge to 1. Made a huge difference in religious unit spam in the 4 games I've played since.

IMustangI likes this.
  12. Guerlot

Guerlot Chieftain

Hi there.

FYI, it looks like your mod has the same mod id that GDG's Lower War Weariness for Warmongers. Because of it, both mods can't work together (yours doesn't even show up in the mod list in game).
    Dunno who used the mod id of the other as they have been both released same day.

I did change the mod id myself in your mod, but not everyone would know how to do it.

Just thought you should know. I'll advise GDG as well.

Cheers

13. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Why don't you like the stackable units?? I don't have it so more units can be stacked, only that I can move my military/ religious units, onto the same hex as another unit of the opposite sort, of someone I'm not at war with??

What is not to like? The default mod allows you to have 1 extra person, but I changed that

14. Dale

Dale Deity

That'll be my fault. I copied his mod as a template for mine.

First mod I made for either Civ 5 or 6 so wasn't aware of mod id's.

15. IMustangI

IMustangI Chieftain

I really like this idea. It doesn't stop them from getting a religious victory but certainly prevents them from rolling over your territory like a herd of buffalo.

16. Coolcup

Coolcup Chieftain

Hi Dale and anyone else willing to help

I have already started a save game so I know I can't use this mod the regular way. I have tried merging Dale's code with an existing mod I already loaded without success. Any ideas on how I might be able to merge this with an existing mod so I can apply it to an existing save game? Or another work around?

Many thanks

17. Taa

Taa Warlord

Great mod, anyone know if it work with GS?
    I took a quick look at the xml file and the edits looked ok, maybe need to add load order.