DataIO operation System Error: CTZN

Marc1980

Chieftain
Hello

I have civ3(patched v129f) and civ3 conquest. Around 270BC or later if I try to load a saved game I get the following message with all my saved games:

DataIO operation System Error: CTZN
Loading Error, Error Reading File

after this all of my cities dissapear. I started 4 games last weekend but I always had the same results. I could only load 4000BC autosave, and one which I saved before 270 BC.
I also get the same results when I play a Conquest game(scenario).

When I had only civ3 with patch, this error occured mostly in the modern age (that time I had win98se, now I have winXP).

I tried these
1, Uninstalled the game.
2, Scanned my computer with F-prot Antivirus.
3, Installed Civ3 again.
4, I patched civ3 with civ3v129f.exe(also tried it without patch)
5, Installed civ3 conquets
6, Tried to install the game to another HDD.

Nothing has happened. How can I solve this problem?

My config:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
Language: Hungarian (Regional Setting: Hungarian)
System Manufacturer: VIA694
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP processor 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 340MB used, 909MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (85Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4523 (English)

SB Live! Audio [D000]
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0244 (English)

Attachments

• error2s.jpg
    error2s.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 259
The system message with "CTZN" obviously refers to something having to do with citizens.
Could it be, that around that 270 bc you are entering a new area making display of the citizens change? In that case maybe you should check with the art- (or whatever) folder within the C3C-folder.
As far as I remember, in the beginning of PTW there have been similar problems reported, which had something to do with different languages. Maybe, you should de- and then re-install both, CIV3 and C3C in preferrably English.

Just an idea, please don't blame me, if this doesn't work....

Did you try playing the save with PTW, saving it, then playing with C3C?

Hello

I tried deleting/uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, but it have not helped me. I have the English version of civ3 and c3c.

Could it be, that around that 270 bc you are entering a new area making display of the citizens change? In that case maybe you should check with the art- (or whatever) folder within the C3C-folder.

Interesting. Maybe other civs enter a new era, and after that I get this message. I will check C3C-folder.

Did you try playing the save with PTW, saving it, then playing with C3C?

I tried to load c3c saved games in c3ptw but I always got an error message. Load error corrupted file...

Yesterday I got a new error message, with one of the saved games:

DataIO operation System Error: Tile

Then interesting things happened (you can see it on the picture).

After this I tried to load other saved games then I got my favourite error message :) (DataIO operation System Error: CTZN).

Marc

Attachments

• tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 221
Yesterday I updated the bios of my computer as ATARI customer support advised, and it seems it helps me:). In deity games on huge maps I got this error around 1250 BC, but now I am around 20 BC and there is no problem! Yet :). Hopefully the old bios caused this error.

Marc

I had similar problems with the Vanilla Civ 3 - at some time games tended to hang and I had to press "RESET". After I updated my BIOS everything is O.K.

Regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

Top Bottom