deal or no deal

vhawk1951

Chieftain
ikeep getting these people popping up saying how about this deal but not saying what deal

am i right, if a settler cannot bbuild a new city he must be tooo close to an others territory- anyway, how would i know? - ther seem to be no clearly defined borders

lord this game irritates me

lol. chill out, don't let the game get you... you get the game ;)! The icon for building a city will be faded dark if you are too close to another city. Even if you hit the hotkey "B", it won't build.

As to the "deal or no deal" I'm not sure I understand what's happening. Is someone offering you a deal with no actual items in the trade table?

I've had it happen occasionally where I'll get contacted with a trade, but the details of the trade don't appear... just the ruler's portrait asking if I want to accept the trade. Is that what's happening to you?

It doesn't happen to me very often, and when it does I usually just reject the trade.

I can't say that's ever happened to me. Do you have the current patches installed? Are you playing BTS? (if playing BTS, I can't help. still waiting on BTS). As long as you're not catching any diplomatic hits for rejecting the trade, I wouldn't mark this as URGENT although you may want to check the Support forums.

I can't say that's ever happened to me. Do you have the current patches installed? Are you playing BTS? (if playing BTS, I can't help. still waiting on BTS). As long as you're not catching any diplomatic hits for rejecting the trade, I wouldn't mark this as URGENT although you may want to check the Support forums.

I just figured it was a memory issue or something... it's not really a big deal to me, but again, it doesn't happen all the time. As I recall, I don't suffer a diplomatic hit for rejecting a trade, so I don't have a problem rejecting the trade when that happens.

I play BTS - no patches.

Also, cities cannot be build in extreme terrain, meaning jungle and (almost sure) desert and ice

Is this a new feature in BTS? I know you can build cities anywhere outside the 2 plot buffer requirement in Warlords/Vanilla even if you're city will never grow or produce anything ;) (tundra/snow). I know you can build on jungles/woods as well. has this been altered in BTS?

Also, cities cannot be build in extreme terrain, meaning jungle and (almost sure) desert and ice

Actually, you can build in jungle, desert and snow. It might not be the best place to build, but you can do it and it is sometimes very useful to get resources.

But not build on a mountain or ice. Even ships can not get through ice - but submarines can go under.

Ah, that's how it is then, no I play the Vanilla... wasn't sure about the tundra /desert /ice thing, but Jungles... Well, I play epic or Marathon at most and expand very earliy then simply stop, and you cant settle in jungle without Ironworking...!

can you settle on forest without bronzeworking? I haven't noticed if I've built my first city on one.

Top Bottom