Debug Crash on Load of savegame?

arloir

Chieftain
So, I have a BNW game with Vox Populi and a couple other compatible mods (including one I wrote and have used in several games). Plays nicely - I can save and load games, all is good. Until somewhere around turn 280. It plays fine (I was well into the 300s when I finally stopped playing.) But, if I try to load a saved game saved after turn 280-ish, it crashes to desktop. I can go back and load an earlier game... then it will work fine. I saved and load a few turns later, and it was still fine. I kept playing - and again all recent saves crash to desktop when I try to load them.

There are no errors in the log files that I can see. The minidump is pretty unhelpful only exception info is: 0xe06d7363
In Win 10, I've tried running both Dx9 and Dx11 with the same behavior.

I'm sort of at a loss. I'd like to find out the cause - is it something built / changed at a certain point in the game that causes it? Maybe a mod bug that could be fixed? No idea. Any suggestions for other ways to debug this?

Ha ha! Yes! That did it. Thanks ridjack. I was using 4-20-4, 4-20-5 seems to have solved the problem. I can load any of the saves.

(Also thanks for the move Rob - had too many tabs open and started the thread in the wrong one <facepalm>)

Cheers,

Arloir

Top Bottom