Debugging thread

GeoModder

Deity
Okay, I dl'd and implemented your working version of the moonmod, Woodelf, but what I get after loading is different from what you say the problems are.

When I start a game with the moonmap script, the mod crashes.
When I start a game with another maptype, it loads and I have mooncity graphics.

Is this what you have? If so, what's the problem then? I thought you said you don't have mooncity graphics? :confused: Can you load up a game with the moonmap script?

Okay, I dl'd and implemented your working version of the moonmod, Woodelf, but what I get after loading is different from what you say the problems are.

When I start a game with the moonmap script, the mod crashes.
When I start a game with another maptype, it loads and I have mooncity graphics.

Is this what you have? If so, what's the problem then? I thought you said you don't have mooncity graphics? :confused: Can you load up a game with the moonmap script?

Wierd. Any chance you'd want to clear your custom assets? I can either "Play Now" or start a Custom Game with the moonscript and it works. Anyone else try it out yet?

There's not a single file in my custom assets, just a bunch of empty folders. So how would if affect the mod? :confused:
You're positive you've sent me the version you have?
I'm asking because in your download there was no python folder.

I don't have a python folder. Have we ever had one for the BtS version?

Did I send the moonmap or not? If not you should have one in your Public Maps already.

And I'm positive that this mod loaded and started a game. I zipped, then extracted, and loaded it before uploading it to you guys. :cry:

The moonmap is included. But it is another version then the latest we had, since dust sea settings can't be put on 'off'.

:hmm: What happens if you use that one?

If that isn't the cause then I have no idea. I'll have to go home and just zip the XML and see what happens. I wanted an all inclusive file in case someone who didn't have audio or art wanted it.

I don't know it anymore.

Do I need to put this moonmap script file anywhere else then in publicmaps?

Okay, the moonmap scrip that comes with your download is 27,4 kb big, and has last been tinkered with on august 13, 2007. When I put in in my publicmaps it crashes the game.

My old moonmap script has exact the same size, and was last tinkered with on March 11, 2006. It crashes too.

You need to check your publicmaps folder and see what size and date the moonmap script there has.

I think Public Maps is where it belongs, but I also have that copy always near my Assets.

Argh, talking about initiating confusion. I've found a 32,7 kb big moonmap script on my old laptop. Created in june this year. This should be Matt's latest version.

I honestly don't know if matt has fiddled with the mapscript since then or not. The trouble is that the files keep getting new dates as we c/p. :(

We need matt or AA to try the zip and see if I buggered it up or not.

What version of BtS are you on? I might be 3.02 or 3.0 and I can guarantee I'm not 3.03

Finally, that one loaded your mod Woodelf.

I've put the bugged moonscript versions in my Civ4 publicmaps, the working moonscript version in my BtS publicmaps. Appearantly BtS mapscripts show only after all Civ4 mapscripts are displayed so on bottom of the list if you use Play Now mode. So it won't show at first since one need to scroll down to see this BtS moonmap script.

I recommend deleting all moonmap scripts in Civ4 publicmap folder (if you don't plan to use the Civ4 moonmod for references) and ONLY keeping a good version (this 32,7 kb one) in your BtS publicmap folder from now on. Or else clearly label both versions.

I'm at version 3.03, why aren't you?

Thanks for your perserverence (or perversion :D) Geo. Now you can finally see what I've been seeing!

Okay, what I see (graphically) is moon terrain, but no moon features (except rilles if those are features). They're replaced by the civ4 ones like nuke fallout and jungles. And for some reason there's terrain attrition on the map? When I leave a unit in the fallout at the end of turn, it disappears the next.
And I have mooncity graphics, which your reported not having, right?
please respond on these.

I almost had the perversion of quitting here, Woodelf... :backstab:

I'll include my audio xml, and see what gives. After that I could clean up those tech tags.

Everything you say is true, but I don't see city graphics.

Feel free to fix any XML issues. :)

Oh, in that case it might be you're starting a game in an era not supported by graphics. ;)
Remember, only the Ancient, Classical and Renaissance era's are linked with the city graphics. :lol:

Oh, in that case it might be you're starting a game in an era not supported by graphics. ;)
Remember, only the Ancient, Classical and Renaissance era's are linked with the city graphics. :lol:

:blush:

I wonder what era I'm starting in. :confused:

I'll be able to check in 7 hours...

Top Bottom