deputies

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Code of Laws said:
B) Deputies

I. Deputies
IA. Members of the Triumvirate and Judiciary shall not have a Deputy.
IB. All members of the Cabinet and Governors shall have a Deputy, appointed by the principals of those respective offices.

Since deputies don't have much of a use, and since at the moment, no-one has a deputy because of the low participation, shouldn't we change this to

IB. All members of the Cabinet and Governors may have a Deputy, appointed by the principals of those respective offices.

I dont think we need to change it..I havent heard any one yet complain that an office HAD to have a deputy.

I agree with you, no-one uses it. I thought we might change it because it isn't much work, but leaving it this way is ok to me.

I think it should be changed to reflect the actual role of deputies: not necessary to have (shall have a deputy), but ok to have (may have a deputy).

You know what....lets test out the new judges and make the change. Gives them something to do. As it reads right now...it seems you MUST have a deputy. It should be optional.

ok, it has been 48 hours, there hasn't been anything posted but agreements, so here we go:
Edit: there's no judiciary thread yet. I'll pm the chief judiciary.

Mock Poll
This is a Citizen's Initiative poll for the amendment of the Code of Laws. The purpose of this amendment is to remove the need for deputies, and change it into an option.

This is a public poll, and will run for 4 days. For this amendment to pass, a 6/10 majority of voters must vote 'Yes'.

Link to discussion thread

Do you wish to adopt this amendment?

Current law:
B) Deputies

I. Deputies
IB. All members of the Cabinet and Governors shall have a Deputy, appointed by the principals of those respective offices.

Proposed amendment, completely replacing above section:
I. Deputies
IB. All members of the Cabinet and Governors may have a Deputy, appointed by the principals of those respective offices.

Poll Question: Do you wish to amend Section 3B of the Code of Laws as follows?

Yes
No
Abstain

Poll settings:
Duration - 4 days
Public Poll - Checked

it's not very usefull, true, but I wouldn't consider it useless.
It's more useless to vote no IMO.

I would like to ask anyone who wants to vote against this amendment when/if it's polled: "If the current law was proposed, and the proposed law was the law at that moment, what would you vote?"

GeorgeOP said:
I would vote "no" since this is a useless change.

Since you feel it's useless, you will, of course, personally ensure that all positions required to have deputies have them, right?

We've had some situations where the rules have been used to stall, delay or cause dissention in the game. Although this hasn't been used, it's a small tweak that doesn't hurt anyone and removes a potential legal snag.

-- Ravensfire

With 17 people voting..I dont see how we could fill the postions since some people wont even run for a "main" office. All it will take is one "strict rule " following citizen to screw this up royally.

Top Bottom