Designing Kongo in Civ7

I think it is a very hard topic the clothes of Mvemba. I believe he would like to use Europeans clothes, but we can't relly very well in theses images on internet because they seems to do a very generic king and not a real image of the Kongo's king.
But, the Mvemba's atual clothes in Civilization 6 is inspired in modern tradicional clothes of nowadays republic of Kongo. What is also not very good, if this game want to do a Mvemba with clothes pre-european should be that:

I think it is a very hard topic the clothes of Mvemba. I believe he would like to use Europeans clothes, but we can't relly very well in theses images on internet because they seems to do a very generic king and not a real image of the Kongo's king.
But, the Mvemba's atual clothes in Civilization 6 is inspired in modern tradicional clothes of nowadays republic of Kongo. What is also not very good, if this game want to do a Mvemba with clothes pre-european should be that:
There is no such nation as, "Republic of Kongo." There is the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with its capital at Kinshasa, and there is the Republic of the Congo, with its capital at Brazzaville, but the former only seems to have an ethnic Kongo minority, but an influential and powerful one, and the country's first President, Joseph Kasa-Vubu, was ethnically Kongo, while the latter country seems to only have a negligible population of ethnic Kongo, many of whom are descendants of refugees of violence in Angola and the DRC. Both the DRC and the Republic of Congo are named after the river, not the ethnicity or kingdom, in any case.

There is no such nation as, "Republic of Kongo." There is the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with its capital at Kinshasa, and there is the Republic of the Congo, with its capital at Brazzaville, but the former only seems to have an ethnic Kongo minority, but an influential and powerful one, and the country's first President, Joseph Kasa-Vubu, was ethnically Kongo, while the latter country seems to only have a negligible population of ethnic Kongo, many of whom are descendants of refugees of violence in Angola and the DRC. Both the DRC and the Republic of Congo are named after the river, not the ethnicity or kingdom, in any case.
I mean the Democratic Republic of the Congo, I guess Civilization's Mvemba used clothes from nowadays Kuba civilization of nowadays DRC.

But, I think Mvemba should be portrait with European style, as in the images we have mostly. He is as devault christian and I guess would be preferred be portraited with european style.

I mean the Democratic Republic of the Congo, I guess Civilization's Mvemba used clothes from nowadays Kuba civilization of nowadays DRC.
Yes, and as I said, the Democratic Republic of the Congo is named after the river, not the kingdom.

And the river is named after the kingdom...
Yes, but that second-hand source naming doesn't typically count toward the point you're making, and to the great majority of Congolese - or even the original Belgian colonial powers - it certainly didn't.

toward the point you're making
What point I was making?

I was speaking about the clothes of Mvemba, about that clothes are inspired in modern tribal society of modern Kongo Kinshasa and not from ancient Kongo Kingdom.
Of course I understand is hard to find good sources of Mvemba clothes. But, what we have is he use european style.

What point I was making?

I was speaking about the clothes of Mvemba, about that clothes are inspired in modern tribal society of modern Kongo Kinshasa and not from ancient Kongo Kingdom.
Of course I understand is hard to find good sources of Mvemba clothes. But, what we have is he use european style.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo (it's officially spelt with a, "c," even in Government records in Kinshasa), has well over 300 endemic ethnic ethnic groups, and they don't all have the same traditional dress style at all.

Top Bottom