• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Destroying your own city?

Reznaak

Chieftain
I "liberated" a city that that was close to one of my high culture city, but I want to destroy it because it is just a drain on my other city's resources. Is there anyway I can do that?

thanks!

When you "liberated" the city you would have had the option to disband it instead (I think).

If you allow them to join your empire, your out of luck unless you start a war and leave it undefended so you purposely lose it, then retake it and raze it.

You could gift it to a civ that isn't doing too well and preferably who's far away from you. If it culture flips again you can disband it, if you don't, it'll probably just drain on them for a while.

if you have any fog of war near it and don't own the great wall you can abandon the city and hope barbs will take it, then raise it

If you allow them to join your empire, your out of luck unless you start a war and leave it undefended so you purposely lose it, then retake it and raze it.
I think that once a city has been yours, you can't raze it anymore : you'll not be given the choice when you'll conquer it again. Not sure it applies to cities who flipped to you, but I guess it does. Once you've accepted to take it instead of making it disappear, you'll probably not have the choice to raze it.

I think that once a city has been yours, you can't raze it anymore : you'll not be given the choice when you'll conquer it again. Not sure it applies to cities who flipped to you, but I guess it does. Once you've accepted to take it instead of making it disappear, you'll probably not have the choice to raze it.

i think you can still raze it if you wait for the new owner's revolt to end

When you "liberated" the city you would have had the option to disband it instead (I think).

Or the invaders may raze it.

You could gift it to a civ that isn't doing too well and preferably who's far away from you. If it culture flips again you can disband it, if you don't, it'll probably just drain on them for a while.

A far-away civ probably will not accept it.

Top Bottom