Diety Build Order Checks

Really solid thread. I'd been going left side with progress a lot trying to push very wide very fast (often still getting beaten to best spots anyways) and this slower more measured expansion with right side seems a much better idea.

Really solid thread. I'd been going left side with progress a lot trying to push very wide very fast (often still getting beaten to best spots anyways) and this slower more measured expansion with right side seems a much better idea.

I had a recent coastal heavy start (god of the sea), so I went left side again, as I didn't really need the early worker. Ultimately....yeah the right side just feels better. I figured at least I would get some earlier culture, but the building for culture bonus is pretty light early game, and I didn't really notice much of a difference. But the growth and science on the right side is very noticeable.

So I've tried the right side progress starts now. I would say that its still a split between the right side and the left side. The right side feels better initially but if you have a *lot* of land and want to settle 6 or 7 cities, it feels really bad waiting for the 5th policy to give you culture. The culture from researching science policies isn't enough. It might be possible for a civilization that is strong with culture early, but I just went left side on a game where i wanted to go 7 cities early to take critical land and it felt much better going left side. The boost when I got the 5th policy for science was still felt and appreciated, but I couldn't have taken 7 cities the other way.

Top Bottom