Difficult to conquer your adversaries

So is there a feasible strategy to play as Turkestan or Mongolia, which always have to defeat a lot of defending units in very few turns? As Mongolia, you have to crush out large exiled troops of Turks and China. As Turks, you have to conquer Persia and face the Arabian expanding troops. Both seems to be huge luck-based.
20240324115452_1.jpg

This is my 2/3 UHV Golden Age (barely) achieved right at the 900 AD deadline (when Xian finally got out of resistance). This is on regent, Marathon, 3000 BC start. I have kept that start for the presence of the independent Artashat (Armenia), my home country ;), but also because of weak Persia, with only one city present in the core zone. I have posted an image of another start with same settings and uber historical Persia in OMG Thread. So started the game with 4 Settlers and this was the key to hit the 6% goal by 900 AD. Founded Orda Baliq (the capital of Eastern Turkic Khaganate:cooool:), Kashgar and Saray-Juk )in the NW corner of the core zone, which is sadly currently not present with such a historical name in the names file and instead assigned a generic name Gaziantep, which has to be renamed). I have trained one more Settler for Bamiyan, which is the only fresh-water city shared by both core areas that Turks will get. On that hill you will later stop Mongols. I have avoided fighting Persia, letting Arabs to finish them instead. I recommend fighting Arabs right after they lose their Arabian Expansion bonuses. Notice, that your culture does not have to cover the entire Silk Road from China to Mediterranean (unlike Russian railroad goal). I am missing 1 single tile, but still, it was a very welcomed
break, because I was about to quit. The main luck based part of UHV3 is getting the Great Artist in time. I admit I had to reload few turns before the final 1400 deadline to get the right person. There is simply no way to guarantee it, because all the places you can possibly get a great person already have Wonders, polluting the pool. But finishing the game with the victory, while stopping Mongols with bombards and taking back Timur's Samarkand was very satisfying! As an added bonus I am showing the exp evolution of my #1 champion Tong Yabghu Qaghan!:trophy:

20240324121730_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is a long-lasting Carthage! Good on them for making it so far.

Orthodox North African Empire successfully repelling Arabs!

Top Bottom