Diplomacy Music...

Nice tracks, LT. The last one reminds me of one out of the Haegemonia game.

Quite darker than the rest, if I do say so myself. If this doesn't work, then I'm stumped.

That isn't dark at all IMO. Alas, I don't think Pirates! has anything of use for Planetfall.

If you're not on a work PC, may I recommend VLC? Small, lean no-nonsense interface, can be used as portable app on a pendrive and plays... about every format?

Winamp also plays ogg, for the record.

Some alternate suggestions

I like your suggestions for the Pirates and Peacekeepers! Not really for the Spartans though - if it is to be used for anything, I think that one would fit better for the Usurpers.

Maniac, do you still have those Nexus songs I once gave you? The contact_raptor.ogg does have a pirate feel to me...

Possible Pirate:

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/master-of-orion-iii-original-soundtrack-lustmord/00-species-ichthytosian-diplomatic-trilarian.mp3

(Sounds vaguely sailor-like, although it may be somewhat sad and not aggressive enough.)

Possible Drone:

http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/master-of-orion-iii-original-soundtrack-lustmord/00-species-cybernatic-diplomatic-meklar.mp3

(The mechanic sounds seem ot fit as construction or mechanical sounds, which seems ot fit with the drone's worker orientation)

I'm not entirely sure about these, but they do sound workable if nothing else shows up. Both are from MoO3.

(I'm not sure exactly how to download these, since I don't have quicktime, though hopefully someone else would if they are good enough.)

Pickly, those links bring people to an add site, not a page where you can listen to these songs or download/stream them.

Scroll down a bit, there should be a "download to computer" icon a bit below.

Loving the mod. Does Lal currently have diplo music in the latest build? If he does it's far too quiet.

(Sounds vaguely sailor-like, although it may be somewhat sad and not aggressive enough.)
I have to think of the Caretakers when hearing it - the sad theme fits them a bit, but it's not a perfect fit, I think.

Cheers, LT.

I'll check out the othe MoO3 sounds, but I don't think the Meklar music fits for a Planetfall diplomacy theme. Trilarian sounds good, but I wouldn't know where to use it given that the Pirates now use the Saren track.

I know I'm digging up a hideously old thread here, but I only recently came across this mod, so bear with me.

It's a shame that Flouzemaker went AWOL, as I feel that all of the 7 themes for the original SMAC leaders fit them to a tee - I would've loved to hear the themes for the SMAX leaders.

I especially feel that Miriam's theme is really fitting, and it is because of that ironic part of her praising the love of God and such, yet actually being incredibly militaristic. I don't think anything but a peaceful theme would suit the image she is trying to keep, though, so well done.

I'm a musician myself, but unfortunately, currently limited to an instrument and not to a program that would allow me to compose something like Flouzemaker's great soundtrack. I'm learning, and I do have some ideas for most of the remaining leaders, so if you (Maniac) want, I could try my hand and finish up that diplomacy music for your mod. :)

Top Bottom