diplomatic vote

apcall

Chieftain
I understand that you can get a diplomatic win by 'winning' a vote at the UN.....how can I get the UN to call for a vote (I have the allow for diplomatic win turned on)....any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

If you are the one that builds the UN (after the discovery of Fission) then there will be an automatic vote after completion. You will be able to vote then.

Just a minor amendment to the above.

The builder of the UN is given the option of holding a vote. It isn't automatic.

That is one reason warmongering maniacs try to build the UN - so as to prevent any vote (which they might well lose).

If you decline a vote and/or the vote is stalemated (there must be a clear majority for one contender) the vote is re-offered after 11 turns. Again, the owner chooses whether it happens that time, too.

Whether you win the vote depends on your reputation with the other civs. If the majority are annoyed or worse with you then you are likely to lose. Therefore check your rep carefully before calling a vote. :)

Originally posted by JustBen
Is there any sweeter feeling in the entire Civ series than nuking the UN and then burning it to the ground with your armored divisions?

Yes, there is. How about destroying your enemies capital just turns before he launches his spaceship (like 9/10 parts complete)? :evil: ....

Originally posted by MadScot
If you decline a vote and/or the vote is stalemated (there must be a clear majority for one contender) the vote is re-offered after 11 turns. Again, the owner chooses whether it happens that time, too.

11 turns? It's 5 when I play. :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is purely speculation, but I suspect the difficulty may make a difference. I seem to remember months ago when I was still playing chieftain and I was offered the vote every few turns (the reason I remember it is because it was so annoying).

What difficulties/versions are (or were) you playing on?

Will have to look back to find out. There was a discussion about this a while back, where it was thought to be 20 turns, then I (and another) found saves/old games/made tests where it seemed to be 11 turns. I'm not sure how scientific we were with our test conditions, it could have been skewed by difficulty I guess.

I believe it was 5 also... It seems like 11 to me because at aroudn that time it takes for ever, but I believe I counted 5 also.

Originally posted by MadScot
OK, try checking....

this thread

or

this post by pdescobar who did some research into it.

The answer seems to be 11 turns for all these people (including me). No-one in those threads mentions 5 turns. Another undocumented change in a patch? :(

I don't know... It might have been 11, but... 11 turns in the modern age's!? It'll take about half an hour just to get another vote up.... Sounds slightly stupid to me... 5 is still alittle high also, but a much reasonable number.

11 turns is also far to much if you have 200+ units moving around each turn... or if the AI has 200+ units moving around.

Originally posted by Strider
I don't know... It might have been 11, but... 11 turns in the modern age's!? It'll take about half an hour just to get another vote up.... Sounds slightly stupid to me... 5 is still alittle high also, but a much reasonable number.

11 turns is also far to much if you have 200+ units moving around each turn... or if the AI has 200+ units moving around.
Voting too often would be a bit ridiculous... :mutant:

Top Bottom