Directx 9 graphics issue

FinMc

Warlord
Apologies if this is not the right place to post, I have been googling and while I have found other instances of this error, no solutions so far.

I have been having late-game crashes, likely due to RAM errors. That's fine. Noticed people on this forum say to play on DirectX 9 to reduce RAM usage, makes sense.

I switch to DirectX 9 in the launcher and this is what I see every game if I am not in strategic mode. This isn't my picture but it shows the error well.

Any solutions? I tried installing DirectX 9 specifically thinking maybe I don't have it, but so far there is no change,

directx9.jpg

Actually this is because you're playing as Russia and DirectX is subtly supporting Ukraine.

[/sarcasm]

Most of my DirectX issues have been RAM issues (though I haven't experienced this graphic error specifically)

Actually this is because you're playing as Russia and DirectX is subtly supporting Ukraine.
Nah, DirectX has nothing to do with it.

It only shows that despite possessing abundant resources, Russia sucks at organizing them in a meaningful manner

Spoiler :
"Ask a Ukrainian" :lol:

Maybe DX9 can't handle monitor resolution properly.

For some reason, the map is very small in the center of a huge window.

Try switching the settings 'full screen', 'window', 'window without border'. And also minimize / maximize the window, switch to another application and back to the game.

For some reason, my game on DX9 tries to set the resolution several times at startup by blinking the screen. Probably code specifics.

Top Bottom