Do Great Wonders captured generate NO culture points for their new owners?

Leonard

Chieftain
I captured the capital "London" from English.
There are three Great Wonders in it.
Since I occupy the city, they don't generate culture points any more for me. Is that a normal condition or abnormal?

In my thought, these great wonders SHOULD generate culture points for their new owner. I don't know whether this is just a bug or the program designers have different point of view. I just a little confused about this. I hope someone can answer me this question, and thanks in advance.

I play a 1.16f version copy.

Captured wonders produce no culture points.

Originally posted by eyrei
Captured wonders produce no culture points.

this actually makes some sense but I don't have to like it. While Egypt and parts of China were under the control of, or occupation of (depending on your point of view) of other counties, the Great Wall and Pyramids were still considered Chinese and Egyptian.

Although I would love to let some civilization build a wonder and then swoop in and steal it:satan:

Originally posted by sealman

While Egypt and parts of China were under the control of, or occupation of (depending on your point of view) of other counties, the Great Wall and Pyramids were still considered Chinese and Egyptian.

That's the point, and that's why captured wonders generate 0 culture for conquerors...

Captured wonders produce no culture points for the capturing civ.

However, they do give any benefits to the capturing civ if those benefits haven't been outdated. I particularly like to capture Magellan's Expedition and Sistine Chapel. Sun Tzu's a good capture also.

I like to capture the Pyramids and sell all my granaries.

If you Culturally take a Wonder (it has happened to me twice, :))the Wonder also does not add to your culture. :(

Originally posted by Magnus
If you Culturally take a Wonder (it has happened to me twice, :))the Wonder also does not add to your culture. :(

Ha! I didn't know that. Now that makes no sense. Hey Sid, did you forget that one?

If a Wonder is obtained Culturally it obviously SHOULD produce Culture points!

Well, duh, Sid.

Troyens, why does every single post you make have to be about how bad and faulty this game is? No matter what thread you always have to criticise the game, don't you? If you don't like the game, then don't play it. It seems that every thread I seem to read around here has a whinging post from you about why Civilisation III isn't how you want it to be. Like I said, if you don't like the game, stop playing. And if you do like the game, then why do criticise all the time? I don't know if other people on these forums agree with me.

Originally posted by Goldfish27
Troyens, why does every single post you make have to be about how bad and faulty this game is? No matter what thread you always have to criticise the game, don't you? If you don't like the game, then don't play it. It seems that every thread I seem to read around here has a whinging post from you about why Civilisation III isn't how you want it to be. Like I said, if you don't like the game, stop playing. And if you do like the game, then why do criticise all the time? I don't know if other people on these forums agree with me.

Agreed, lighten up Troy.

And it does make sense as well that culturaly captured wonders generate no culture benefit. Yeah the people of teh city love you better than their old masters, but that wonder is still a monument to the previous owner. It is a civ wide monument, not a city only monument.

Top Bottom