• No

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like IW as the first tech as we can then determine the best city placement to grab as much of the vital resource as possible. It is true that we will probably get more techs through trading by the time we get there but having iron will give us a good start and the other options afterwards can be decided this week. :)

If we dont have other civs nearby which we get to know within 40 turns (for example island start) we will HAVE to research ;-)

i officially object to the current queue because:
a. it was determined entirely by stuck_as_a_mac with no democratic input
b. it places undue emphasis on military technologies
c. it defers more advanced government till too late in the game (ed. note: workers only have 50 percent efficiency under despotism)

i would instead propose:
1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. masonry
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. literature
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

this queue helps to back off the military emphasis (though it still provides iron working quickly). it also gets us to monarchy asap so as to remove the halving of our workers effectiveness. i would greatly appreciate input from the people.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

Originally posted by neutral leader
i officially object to the current queue because:
a. it was determined entirely by stuck_as_a_mac with no democratic input
b. it places undue emphasis on military technologies
c. it defers more advanced government till too late in the game (ed. note: workers only have 50 percent efficiency under despotism)

i would instead propose:

I am not sure how your queue is more democratic.

Regardless, I really don't want to do science the way we did last game, with these long science queues. 3 or 4 techs at a time should be sufficient.

I see your "aye" and raise you one "nay" and a proposal that we take the issue of what is to follow Iron Working back to the citizens' forum for some proper discussion. ;)

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
but iron working first is okay, rite?

Post a poll and find out.:D

heres a citizen input based queue. comments?
1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. literature
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. masonry
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

SAam, please open a discussion in the citizens forum about your proposed science queues.

Originally posted by eyrei
Regardless, I really don't want to do science the way we did last game, with these long science queues. 3 or 4 techs at a time should be sufficient.

I definitely agree with eyrei on this. We should take things a lot more slowly and be able to adapt after receiving techs in trading. Just sticking up a huge queue of techs to research gives the science advisors absolutely nothing to do for their terms. We can look ahead a couple of techs, but the lie of the land may require us to discover maritime technologies a lot earlier than they have been planned on the queue. These mega lists may give you something to do between turns but are totally unnecessary and far too rigid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom