• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Do you find the Penicillin tech useful?

ie. does anyone build those med labs and/or marines often?

I tried rush buying med labs today, and the effect I noticed was I got a size 35 city on standard for the first time. Otherwise 32 was the maximum I always got on aqueducts. Is it phenomenal? I don't know but doesn't seem like much.

Marines, Songhai-like infantry does great on water-heavy maps I guess though I'm not a fan of defending on embarkation because I find most land units die easily no matter their combat strength. No one except AIs is silly enough to use destroyers to ram them and they will eventually die under submarine and missile cruiser fire.

Or maybe someone could show me how to get a size 40 in standard. :lol:

I like Marines, I trade 5 strength for a free Amphibious promotion. I find it useful to have a couple of these. That way I don't have to try and remember which Infantry has the Amphib promotion...

Marines, Songhai-like infantry does great on water-heavy maps I guess though I'm not a fan of defending on embarkation because I find most land units die easily no matter their combat strength.

Stack them with ships. I've used a line of ships from my city to the enemy's to protect a single marine so that he can take the city. :lol:

Stack them with ships. I've used a line of ships from my city to the enemy's to protect a single marine so that he can take the city. :lol:

Lol :lol:

Stacking is the best defense and admittedly amphibious is really important if you want your marine to take cities while swimming or even better, across rivers. Though one question comes to mind, if I don't have amphibious should I still take it from sea or could I just embark to land and do the same thing?

Lol :lol:

Stacking is the best defense and admittedly amphibious is really important if you want your marine to take cities while swimming or even better, across rivers. Though one question comes to mind, if I don't have amphibious should I still take it from sea or could I just embark to land and do the same thing?

If you don't have amphibious, you suffer a -50% strength penalty, so you should definitely disembark first, unless you don't have a choice.

I dont try to cap a city unless its zeroed out anyway, so the -50% for a sea attack is irrelevant to me, so ive still never even built marines.

And theres to much other junk to build around the time the super aquaducts come online, ive built them post game for kicks, but never during.

I don't find most of the modern or information techs all that 'useful' since I've either basically won by then or am just wrapping up for scientific or diplomatic victory. My workers are all auto by then, I'm either not in a war or have a dozen elite units crushing city after city, I would automate my cities by then if I could but they are all on just a 'build everything possible' spree so increasing pop growth is like 'whatever'

I don't find most of the modern or information techs all that 'useful' since I've either basically won by then or am just wrapping up for scientific or diplomatic victory. My workers are all auto by then, I'm either not in a war or have a dozen elite units crushing city after city, I would automate my cities by then if I could but they are all on just a 'build everything possible' spree so increasing pop growth is like 'whatever'

That's the thing, though to be fair most of the other modern techs are somewhat useful enough - bomb shelters, recycling centers, solar/nuclear plants, etc. It's this particular tech that stands as the odd one out.

Top Bottom