Votes: 29 21.5%
  • Pre-patch I prefered Liberty but now I go Tradition

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I use them both equally

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • I don't like either of them

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
If they would move the Legalism to the end of the tree I would use tradition, but I'm not sure how anyone can use tradition with that thing blocking the road. By the time I'm ready for Legalism I typically only have 1-2 cities and am not even able to get temples. Hence, this is a total waste of an otherwise solid policy.

There is no : ''Pre-patch i prefered Tradition but now i go Liberty''. I picked Liberty.

I seem to have major happiness issues when I go liberty. I guess that means the tree is working, but my play is not.

I *prefer* Liberty, because my play style is more geared toward a moderate-sized empire and because I can never seem to find the time to build the settler, so getting one for free is a huge plus to me. :) That said, when I try a smaller empire though, I go with Tradition. I find uses for either tree, so my preference is minor.

If they would move the Legalism to the end of the tree I would use tradition, but I'm not sure how anyone can use tradition with that thing blocking the road. By the time I'm ready for Legalism I typically only have 1-2 cities and am not even able to get temples. Hence, this is a total waste of an otherwise solid policy.

Yeah this aspect of it annoys me too. It prevents it from being a really great tree. I have found a strat that I can usually get 2 temples with legalism if I go for the GL to unlock Philo (Babylon and Korea have alternate options to get Philo).

I don't know if you have Korea or not but it's actually a pretty powerful tree for them. Those early temples mean early science in addition to the culture from the artists and can be quite a different and useful style of play.

if I have access to marble, I'll probably take a little tradition for the huge wonder boost, +30% and start grabbing lots of wonders.

otherwise liberty. The free worker, and improvement speed bonus is big. The free settler helps a lot too.

You do know that you get the free monuments in your first 4 cities, regardless if you've already built them or not?

So what's the problem? Just use it for the free monuments.

Not picking tradition because you can't get temples is ridiculous -_-

Top Bottom