Does anybody knows about this?

DOmar1990

Warlord
Hello, I'm having some trouble with a map script made by a modder. The map script is Planet_Generator_68, and there's a problem with it when it comes to map centralization. The script creates nice continents and land masses, however, it fails to place those land masses map centered. Most of the time I have to regenerate the world looking for a centered map, where the continent created isn't splitted in two by the map cut. Do you know if there's any easy way to solve this? Since I don't like the esthetic look of a continent splitted between East and West by the middle...
I have uploaded a picture so you can relate what I'm talking about. In the picture you will see a nice landmass shape being made by this map script, however, that continent is splitted in two because it's not centered in a way that all the landmass is centered in the map box, instead of splitted by it. I draw a redline showing where that map should be cutted in order to be in the center of the map box... But I have no idea how to solve this.

Attachments

• mapciv.png
    mapciv.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 113
I don't know how the script works, but the cut off point for the map is at the x=0 coordinate. So in the worst case you can just shift all tiles on the x axis accordingly once the map is generated.

Top Bottom