Does the AI spy?

Yes. No clue on frequency or what they do, but the AI does use spies. Occasionally, you'll get a pop-up with "Production sabotaged in xxx city" or people will be unhappy and complain about propoganda (a spy function). I'm pretty sure I've seen instances of tech steals by the AI, too, but those I'm less certain of.

How? That I believe is unknown.

Arathorn

Arathorn said:
Yes. No clue on frequency or what they do, but the AI does use spies. Occasionally, you'll get a pop-up with "Production sabotaged in xxx city" or people will be unhappy and complain about propoganda (a spy function). I'm pretty sure I've seen instances of tech steals by the AI, too, but those I'm less certain of.

How? That I believe is unknown.

Arathorn

It seems to me that since the AIs seem to already 'know' everything about your civ they have no need for spys :scan: . But it IS funny to me how they
know the whole map, but as soon as you trade your world map or territory
map to them--- Let the settler parade or attack troops heading toward your
terrain begin :eek: . I never sell maps unless I am totally prepared for what
is to follow :mischief: . I've never had spy or stolen tech problems, not that
I am aware of anyway :crazyeye: .

The weirdest thing I got was that an AI civ succesfully exposed my Gweeto while their mole was caught in the act as well... no spies for the two of us.
I never performed that mission myself on a rival civ, so I wouldn't know the possible results.

I was a bit confused, because I thought that a spy *always* gets away after any succesful mission. Granted, if the enemy spy wouldn't be caught, I would at least surely know that (some? or a specific?) civ has a spy in my capital...
Question is if the "expose enemy mole" mission always uses up the spy?

you can safely expose enemy spies as long as there is a spy to expose. Otherwise you pretty much let the other nation know you have an intelligence network and they don't getting you caught.

Your spy can be succesful at their mission and also be caught at the same time.

I believe the Expose spy mission gets rid of the enemy spy if the mission is succesful.

Hope that helps?

Top Bottom