Domestic Multi-Poll

What is important to do?

• Regia Civitas to build Hanging gardens ASAP

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Regia Civitas to stall, or do something else, see my post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Then, RC to build a Temple, then another Wonder

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Then, RC to build something else, see my post.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Disband Spare Warrior into Elysium Colossus

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Do not Disband that Warrior, see my post.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Generally, Elysium should be building Colossus ASAP

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Marl Downs Settler, build city ASAP, see my post

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Marl Downs Settler, build Road near new city, see my post

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • TFalls thorny complicated plan (described below) seems ok

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • TFalls can get the Settler or something else built: See my post.

• Generally, a Settler must go found 2Whales, called Civvium

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Build a Diplomat in Marl Downs

• Build a Diplomat somewhere else: see my post

• Accumulate cash, only spend $4 IPRB each turn somewhere

• Forget Dips for now, Max Settler Production! Woo hoo!

• We need a poll on this: see my post

• I like the idea of warring on the Indians. Confound their production plans!

• I have planned oedo for Monarchy. See my post.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
Here is a big poll, just to get us started. It seems most important to me that these ideas are discussed. After a few hours, see what people think of your posts, then vote. Our President is driving us with a whip, but we must still think and plan clearly.

A few days ago, Civvium had 8 of 13 votes as the name for the 2Whales city. That's done.

TFalls seems a thorny issue. One idea I've had is to do three things: Rehome the Legion in Dellham, march a Warrior to Little Nemo to rehome it there, and use a TFalls Entertainer for one turn during the transfer. This also assumes we Disband the other Little Nemo Warrior into the Colossus of Elysium. It's so complicated, I'm not sure it will work, but what will?

If you want some other specific poll, please state the options and ideas that need a vote. My deputies, whomever you all are, go right ahead with specific polls. This all still seems interdependent to me.

Ok, what I plan to vote:
#Regia Civitas to build Hanging gardens ASAP - self explanitory
#Then, RC to build something else, see my post. - I'd say straight to another wonder, or settlers.
#Disband Spare Warrior into Elysium Colossus - We need that wonder ASAP, especially if someone else starts it too.
#Generally, Elysium should be building Colossus ASAP - self explanitory
#Marl Downs Settler, build city ASAP, see my post - I don't know what you mean by see my post, if it's about location I'll have a look and get back to you
#TFalls thorny complicated plan (described below) seems ok - Surely c1a can pull it off ;)
#Generally, a Settler must go found 2Whales, called Civvium - sounds good
#Forget Dips for now, Max Settler Production! Woo hoo! - Yeehaa!
#I like the idea of warring on the Indians. Confound their production plans! - Confound anything possible to do with the AI :evil:

Yep, HG in RC. But it wouldn't need a temple afterward, HG gives 3 happiness to the city it's built in so I would like to see a settler built.

Disbanding the warrior in Elysium is good. Obviously Collosus in Elysium ASAP.

Yes Marl Downs should build a settler as soon as poss., don't bother with roads etc. just get that city plonked down!

The TFalls plan seems good.

Yep, the settler being built in Little Nemo should go to found Civvium at 2whales site.

Hmm, I like the idea of a dip, but since we are alone on our continent I think it would not be terribly useful at the moment. So max settler production, get those cities placed pronto! City built sooner=arrows acquired sooner=faster science :)

Yes, I think that a mini expodition against the Indians would be a profitable enterprise. As I'm standing for military advisor I would say that though :D.

Being Foreign Advisor I'm keen to get sailing to discover new lands. Mapmaking as a tech seems a bit of a way off at the moment, so I would like to see dips built so we can hopefully bribe boats. (Surely, this will also be a requirement for those who want to declare war on the Indians. We've got to get over there and meet them first). My favourite is for Marl Downs to build a dip, before perhaps getting back to building settlers.

I'd like to see the Marl Downs build a road to the city site suggested by Mordheim to the northeast of Marl Downs, near the little fishes. If we did build here, I'd like to check which city the settler is near just before it builds, just on the off-chance that the island square isn't Russian or something!

Tfalls - seems like a good plan to me.

RC and Elysium should build their Wonders ASAP. I'm quite happy for the spare warrior to disband in Elysium to help this. We don't want to be caught out by the Indians. I also think we should try to accumulate cash in case we need to rush buy a wonder. We all know what AI's are like for building wonders in record time!!

Thanks Ren, that's a good way to handle this.

To get the discussion rolling on the Marl Downs Settler, take a look at Mordheim's picture in the turn thread 1400 BC (use 2 Browser windows). The two yellows N and E of Marl Downs. The shame of the NE spot is it's a shield, but it gets the fish, but the Indians may be working those fish. It seems safest to build on one of the two Pure Green Coast sites. Safe? The Indians are up there!? The East tip spot has no future, and it's not even a filler. It's a far future site, seems to me.

Another spot, west 6 away over on the Pure Green w Coast, surrounded by 4 Forest and a jungle. It seems safe, would need no guard, but I'm not sure its city radius would interlock with a River City, whereever that might be placed. Anyway, this Pure Green site is a possibility, and we could build one road on the shield, a road into the city, to give it one productive square at the start. It's taking us back home, near Dellham and Elysium.

Er, we don't need a Temple, do we!? Maybe I'm making this all too complicated. Thanks, Mordhiem! Would you please plan and post a nice poll on what Regia Civitas should build after HG?

My head is a bit light after a day at work but I'll justify my choices tomorrow if I can even remember what they were. I've also got to do the election polls tomorrow morning so :crazyeye:.
Anyway, I voted both for Marl Downs to build a diplomat, and elsewhere because I want to see some good bribing going on to build us a barb army with which to stamp our authority on the AI! :D The more dips the merrier, although a second one is not urgent for the time being.

I like the idea of building a dip, but I think Marl Downs
should build a settler, so I nominate either RC (after HG) or Dellham (after it finishes current work) for building dip.

HG in RC ASAP, RC then build either a library or start next wonder (go for Marco Polo?)

Disband warrior in Elysium for the Colossus ASAP.

MD settler build city ASAP, prefer site near RC between MD and Reneaux. For this site, a road on the grassland shield would cost 2 extra turns and the extra trade would go toward taxes.

Yes, go found Civvium. Accumulate cash. Max settler production.

OEDO for Monarchy:
By my calculations we need 84 more beakers for Monarchy, achieved in 8 turns at the current rate (11/turn). This gives us Monarchy in 1000 BC, the second turn of the 4 turn Oedo cycle. We'd change government in 925 BC.

ALTERNATIVE:
There is a way to get Monarchy 4 turns sooner. This requires sacrificing production/food in favor of trade in Little Nemo(use ocean), Marl Downs(use ocean), and Reneaux(use Wine). This produces 14 beakers/turn x 6 turns = 84 beakers. This gives Monarchy in 1100 BC with government change the next turn in 1050 BC .

The cost is 1 food and 1 shield per turn in each city totalling 18F/18S. Is an extra 4 turns of Monarchy worth it? :undecide:

MonkE, you're a genius! Four turns earlier is likely worth it, particularly if you have loaded the game file and agree with me about the TFalls Settler. Then what Little Nemo is building doesn't really matter as much, so let it work the ocean. There may be a support problem there though. These cities are all still so small, it's dangerous. That's the problem with TFalls, it will become size 1. Dellham has a Whale iirc, that makes it a practical support city. One more Settler round, then we need to let these cities grow up to be 2's. ... Just studied your post -- do you mean ALL cities work the ocean? Have to think about that... Not Elysium, surely, many hearts are set on Colossus there.

Not sure what city site ... "near RC between MD and Reneaux" But yes, it's a good idea to build one road into the new city, eh? Wherever it will be...

To clarify: Early Monarchy requires worker reassignments in only the 3 cities mentioned (no science gains are available elsewhere by this method). --- The city site I referred to is 5 tiles NE of RC (marked on Mordhiem's map).

I agree that rehoming the legion in Dellham is a good idea. It adds a shield for TF without taking a shield from Dellham. If this is done, TF builds its settler in 3 turns. Even with shield support, there is still one shield for production. :)

Also, reassigning the worker in Little Nemo causes growth to be delayed from 3 turns to 5. Plenty of time for a warrior from TF to move in to prevent unrest. In Reneaux there's a 3 turn growth delay (to 8). Marl Downs is harder to estimate in turns because of the settler, but 6 food would be sacrificed.

Originally posted by MonkE
Also, reassigning the worker in Little Nemo causes growth to be delayed from 3 turns to 5. Plenty of time for a warrior from TF to move in to prevent unrest.

Well that's academic because we'll have the HG done in 5 turns so that will rule out the need for an extra warrior imported from TF. :D:goodjob:

Top Bottom