Domination Victory

teamgers

Chieftain
Hi there, hope someone can help as i'm pretty new to Civ V1, ok i played Russia to try and win a science victory, but i was beaten by Sumeria who won by a domination victory, but what I don't understand is this, he never captured my capital or any of my cities, I thought you had to capture all capitals to win by domination! Is this a bug?

Thanks.

sounds like a bug to me, if he didn't capture your capital he shouldn't win domination victory. Are you sure it was domination and not something else?

Hi thx for the reply, yes he defo won with a domination victory, puts you off playing this game if its bugged!

Could you share some screenshots? Assuming you still have the session available, there's a victory tab for domination that you can take a picture of and show here.

Ok guys, i replayed back about 10 turns to re-create the defeat, it did it just as i expected, but it doesn't show me who won? My comment about Sumeria winning by domination was wrong and i apologise for that, but when i check the leader board at the right hand side no one has won as yet!!!!

Last edited:
Did I lose because of a time victory? The game ended at 330 turns and Sumeria had an overall score of 416 and I had 408 points

That's potentially the case. Do you remember how many turns you had set max for that game? I don't know if those parameters show up in-game anywhere.

Also yeah I wish there was at least defeat videos for each victory type :(

Uh, I don't know if you can explicitly turn time victory off, but if you click on advanced setup when you're starting a new session, I think one of the options lets you choose how many turns you want it to go.

Did I lose because of a time victory? The game ended at 330 turns and Sumeria had an overall score of 416 and I had 408 points

Were you playing on Quick speed? It is 500 turns for Standard speed. If you look at the screens that track your progress toward victory, if you go to the Score one it says how many turns the full game is.

Uh, I don't know if you can explicitly turn time victory off, but if you click on advanced setup when you're starting a new session, I think one of the options lets you choose how many turns you want it to go.

You would uncheck "Score Victory" on that screen although from other threads that apparently means you also don't get the Score screen in the game. Seems like it should still allow that screen just say at the top that game will not end at any turn instead of saying will end at turn 500.

So it might just be better to leave it on and ensure you have the highest score at that time. ;)

Top Bottom