1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft and Whipping?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Dryhad, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dryhad

Dryhad Prince

So I noticed that in CIV5HurryInfos.xml is HURRY_POPULATION and there's a <MaxConscript> variable in CIV5Policies.xml. But these don't actually do anything, do they? Does anyone know if there is some way to include Drafting and/or Whipping in Civ5?

2. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

Nope, I believe both of those are leftover code snippets from IV

3. smellymummy

smellymummy King

with lua:
    add a button to city views for whips/drafts
    link that button to the changepopulation, createunits, hurryproduction
    set up conversion rules for population into hammers/drafting
    add checks that would disable that button (ex.: not enough pop for hammers, already drafted within x turns, unhappiness)

to have the AI actually use this though, it would need custom rules to determine when it should draft/whip: atwar, enemy near town, 'high need' for improvement. that sort of thing. i suppose some different conversions for population to hammer based on AI and difficulty could also be put in.

then its just a matter of checking per turn/per AI/per rules and cityand have the script give the hammers/units

4. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

This might be not at all related, but it might have to do with a little-seen situation where you get a big combat penalty if you have more units than combined population in your cities. Unfortunately I don't have a savegame; I've only seen this in screenshots. It appears as a big red exclamation point in the top infobar.

edit: Screenshot attached. There's more info in the military overview screen on the left, though I'm not convinced it's not buggy.

Attached Files: