Draft and Whipping?

Dryhad

Prince
So I noticed that in CIV5HurryInfos.xml is HURRY_POPULATION and there's a <MaxConscript> variable in CIV5Policies.xml. But these don't actually do anything, do they? Does anyone know if there is some way to include Drafting and/or Whipping in Civ5?

Nope, I believe both of those are leftover code snippets from IV

Does anyone know if there is some way to include Drafting and/or Whipping in Civ5?
with lua:
add a button to city views for whips/drafts
link that button to the changepopulation, createunits, hurryproduction
set up conversion rules for population into hammers/drafting
add checks that would disable that button (ex.: not enough pop for hammers, already drafted within x turns, unhappiness)

to have the AI actually use this though, it would need custom rules to determine when it should draft/whip: atwar, enemy near town, 'high need' for improvement. that sort of thing. i suppose some different conversions for population to hammer based on AI and difficulty could also be put in.

then its just a matter of checking per turn/per AI/per rules and cityand have the script give the hammers/units

This might be not at all related, but it might have to do with a little-seen situation where you get a big combat penalty if you have more units than combined population in your cities. Unfortunately I don't have a savegame; I've only seen this in screenshots. It appears as a big red exclamation point in the top infobar.

edit: Screenshot attached. There's more info in the military overview screen on the left, though I'm not convinced it's not buggy.

Attachments

• unitsupport_cropped.jpg
    unitsupport_cropped.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom