Dry reporting or narrative style?

Hi, sorry for being such an eager beaver before, but I am soooo loving this game that I couldn't help but leap-feet first-into this first GoTM as soon as I could get my hands on it (and have already played it for several hours!)
The thing I want to know is, when writing in a spoiler thread, is the preference for a dry report of what you did each turn, or can you cast it as a historical narrative? (i.e. a story)
I would like to know before I go much further in writing my current GotM story 'A new beginning'!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

I think for the very skilled players a timeline and important events is is very useful for comparison purposes. For lesser skilled players this is a good opportunity for having goals to shoot for (if they want to become better), but honestly if such player does not end with a good result, I'll just skip through their log. Right now we are all noobs, so this will become more important as the games progress.

Good storytelling, on the other hand, is always nice. :) Complimented with a few good screenshots for illustration.

You can tell it however you want to. I think most would probably prefer a good story being told. Those of us with no creative writing skill are forced to do the dry one. :)

Story form would be nice, if only I was any good at it. If you're curious about how others have done I suggest you check out some of the CivIII Spoilers that can be found in the Civ III GOTM Forums.

One thing I am curious about is how the staff will set the guidelines for the spoilers. We could still do ages maybe. Who knows, guess we'll have to sit patiently and wait.:twitch:

Personally I like reading facts with reasoning.

Stories are nice, but if they are too fluffy then you miss what is actually happening. Only facts are a bit boring, but do allow you to replay the game to see how much better you could have done.

A mix is the best I guess.

Like SirPleb

(those were the days....)

Top Bottom