Dune: Spice Wars

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Thought there already was a thread here about it but apparently not! Considering there are Dune mods for almost every Civ game (even Civ1 lol!) with the brilliant Civ4 Dune Wars being the most popular it makes sense that someone would attempt a 4X Dune game as Civ modders have proven they go very well together. Sure enough a couple of years ago Shiro Games announced they had the Dune licence and were bringing out a new game called Dune: Spice Wars based on the books and not the films or Westwood RTS games. After a lenghtly public beta/early access period the game is now fully released and is getting good reviews on Steam. Being a fan of Dune, 4X and the old RTS Dune games I'm looking forward to trying it out myself at some point. Has anyone here played it? If so what did you think?

Image1.jpg Image5.jpg
Image6.jpg Image4.jpg
Image2.jpg Image3.jpg

I'm a big fan of Dune 2 and always loved the fan mods for it like Super Dune 2 and Dune 2 eXtended that added House Corrino (Emperor), Fremen, & a Mercenary Smuggler Guild with their own campaigns into the game (so much so I'm adding them into my own Civ2 Dune scenario too) so it was cool to see this new official Dune game adding playable House Corrino, Fremen and Smugglers. Looks like they're now taking things further and going even depper into the Dune universe adding House Ix and Ecaz as well!

1709446966326.png

Top Bottom